Duck Hunting Forum banner

Started on my blind today.....

80K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  Silquin 
#1 ·
Well, got started on the boat blind today, man forgot what a pain this can be by yoself! And does anyone else feel like on of Jerry's Kids tryin to work a bender, geeze I swear that thing alomost whipped me a few times!

This is what it looks like when ya come home from Home Depot...

Got to get some webbing to hold it up with quick release buckles, and for holding the canvas/camo on.....

Slowly but surely gettin there, what yall think so far??

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good. I'll be starting mine in a couple more weeks. Thought I was set on my design, but you've given me a few more ideas I may incorperate into my design. Do the bends you made towards the middle of the boat help stiffen up the conduit quite a bit? Always had mine flat, but I would imagine having those bends there would eliminate some of the sag. Looks like 3/4" conduit, did you use the 7/8" bimini fittings? Also, on my blinds I usually use a wooden dowel, screwed in, on the inside where the conduit butts together. Is this what you did? or did you come up with another way?

#4 ·
Clutch.....the bends are there cause I followed to gunnels of my hull, made it more difficult trying to follow it! But puts the frame just inside the gunnels without lossing any interior space.
Yea that 3/4 EMT and 7/8 fittings, you have to ream em out some, did that with a Dremel Tool and a 5/16 cylinder cutting bit.
For the joints, I cut a 12 inch piece of 1/2 EMT and added some duct tape to fill the gap for a tighter fit, then used 5/8 self tapping screws to hold the joint together!

#10 ·
Tryin to find something to use for the lower section, wind blocker material thats water proof! Searched at work and thought I sent it my home email, but aint got it! Where and whats good to use??

#12 ·
Ok, thought I had posted up on dis project sooner! Let me bring yall up to date.....

I modified the tops to leave a openin about 18-19 inches wide the lenght of the boat, this will be to shoot out of, the rest will be covered....

I did that a week or so ago! Today I went and added the webbing that the cordura and camo netting will get attached to.......

I hated to drill holes in my hull for de blind, but I had to remind myself why I spent 10K on a duck boat! :rofl:

Now, I thought that the mail man would bring my cordura and netting today, but no dice! :mad: But least I got the rig ready for it! Also, got some of the raffia grass in buckets getting dyed........

First one is black, was lookin for dark grey but oh well.....

This one is de dark green......

And dis un is de dark brown........

Figured I'd let em soak over night, stirrin ocasionally, and add sum of the stuff that comes naturally!

#14 ·
When I got my hull a couple years ago, I thought the same thing about the holes. It gets easier after you get the first one drilled though. Think I'm going to wire mine this weekend, and then do the blind frame next weekend. Used the nylon straps on my last blind, and will on this blind as well. It's nice because you can adjust them if you need to throughout the season.

#15 ·
It be rain'in here now! But just took de grass outa dem buckets, and layed em on the wheeler trailer (expanded metal) to dry to dry out when it stops!! Man, wished de mail man would've brought de rest of my chit today!

#17 ·
Clutch.....I got it off Ebay! Had someone post up heavey cordura, water proof 60 inches by 60 foot for 50 bucks! This person said they will be offerin more in de future! I was the only one dat bid on it!

Heres a small pic.....

#19 ·
cool design for a blind, but i have a question for ya. on the front and rear of the x frame, its hard to tell from the pix, but is your frame bolted together, or pinned, or what. i built a blind last year similar to a cabellas frame, but your design looks like it will fit a prodrive motor better. look forward to seeing the finished product.

#22 ·
So far? Ha! I would say one day on the frame, then modified it in a half of day. Added the webbing, one day!
Cost....conduit, bout a hundred bucks, but I had 4 full pieces left over! Webbing...about 10 bucks! Camo cordura, 60" X 60' 50 bucks, camo nettin..... 2 @ 10X20 foot 80 bucks. Raffia grass, so far, 6 bundles @ 4-5 bucks a pack! Hell who knows the total! :huh:

#24 ·
Wewhoo......finally got the camo cordura in and the camo netting last night!! Now I can get back to work on finishin up my boat blind! Pics to come.......

#25 ·
Well, got a little done on de blind before I had to get ready for work!

I used some double sided tape on the top rail to hold the cordura in place will I zip tyed it......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.