stealth 1200 need advice.........

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

stealth 1200 need advice.........

Postby littleone » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:53 am

im thinkin about buying this boat for back waters. how hard is this thing to manover. can it be paddled, poled, or oared? some times i may have to travel on the water hundereds of yards and dont want to get warn out. thanks....never knew duck hunting could be so adicting,,,,,,,,,,,,
littleone
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:30 am

I bought my stealth 1200 last year and used it throughout duck season in many different situations. It is stable and very easy to manuver. The stability of the boat is due to the catamaran style hull. I have stood in the floor of the boat, on the seat, and with a foot on each gunall and it did great. I have both paddled and poled it and had no problems. It really is easy to get it moving along at a decent clip. You will not go wrong.
One other thing, even though they do not advise it, I have carried an adult 80lb lab, 5 dozen decoys, 3 guns, ammo, and three men in the boat. We had to sit one of us on each side and one up on the front but it was smooth as silk and still easy to paddle.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby TNRedneck » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:57 am

You can buy a motor mount that lets you put a trolling motor or a small outboard on it.
GITN-R-DONE THIS SIDE OF THE MISSISSIPPI FOR 16 YEARS!
TNRedneck
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:22 pm

:withstupid:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby littleone » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:15 am

thanks for your help guys,,,,,,by the way is the little sign that says im with stupid just a joke..? otherwise it wouldnt be taken very good were i come from.
littleone
hunter

went ahead and ordered stealth 2000

Postby littleone » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:44 am

many thanks to this web site, it has helped me out with alot of information on duck hunting. helped me talk my wife into getting the stealth 2000. i found it the cheapest in macks praire wings mag. cant wait to put her in the water. thanks again
littleone
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds