Making a blind.

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Making a blind.

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:41 am

Can everyone gimme instructions on how u made ur blind?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby huntforever » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:15 pm

On my boat I used 1/2 in. metal conduit for my frame. I used u cannel for the base. 1 on front and 1 in the back to bolt the conduit to. Screw the u channel onto the boat. the conduit bolts to the u channel. The left side bolts on to right side and right side bolts to the left. The conduit then lifts up the set the blind. Drill a hole in the conduit where they cross at the height you want. I used max-4 camo material for the cover. Don't forget to paint the conduit.
I also had to put a wood dowel where the conduit meet.
huntforever
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:03 pm

I chated with a guy that made a portable out of one of them softball pitchback deals one time. He painted it up, and, would weave local brush through the mesh. When he took it down, it would all cram into a 4 or5 inch pvc pipe, with a shoulder strap on it. Tossed it over his shoulder and off he went. Looked REAL cool :yes: :yes: :yes:

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds