Dog Ramp / Lab Step

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Dog Ramp / Lab Step

Postby Jaxonjarrett » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:23 am

I am looking for some plans for a home made dog step that attaches to the boat. I have a 648LD War Eagle and dont want to spend the $170 for the factory built one. Any ideas.....?????

Thanks-

Jaxonjarrett
Jaxonjarrett
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:43 am

Very simple to do... first you going to need a welder. mig Tig Arch don’t matter but Mig will work best..... measure from the spot you want to put it down to where the boat sits in the water and add about 5" to it I find it easer for the dog to get in. if you got a large boat with about 2Ft sides your might want two steps on it. You’ll need about 6 12” C-channel, boxed what ever kind of metal your using you’ll need 6 piece 12" long
3 pieces 24" long and 2 12X12” mesh steel much easer if you got a pic to look at on page 68 in mackspw mag.. Give you good idea how to make it same way i did but i covered my mesh metal with Neoprene.

it hard to explane but if you need any more help donig it just pm me
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds