Don't want to paint ?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Don't want to paint ?

Postby LEWDOG » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:13 pm

I have a fishing firberglass boat that is white , I want to cover it without having to paint it , Any ideas ? I just got some contact paper that I was going to try , has anyone tried it and if so how long will it last before the peeling will start ? Does anyone know of something that can be put onto a fg boat that one could paint over , so the paint will come off easier come summer ? Last , would you just give up on the idea and just paint the dang thing ?

:smile: LD :smile:
A Market Hunter born 100 years to late
:)/\__________<*)((((>{
The hardest thing a duck hunter in Va. has to do is to Not read more into the blind laws then what is in black and white . Lewdog 1999
http://www.vawfa.org
LEWDOG
hunter

Postby texasduckblaster » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:35 pm

just paint it.

just get some green and black spray paint and some leaves and branches
for design, it very easy. thats what my dad did and the paint job has lasted two seasons. :thumbsup:
texasduckblaster
hunter

Postby gunman » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:11 am

we'll depending how desperate you are, you could use a WIDE clear packaging tape, it will take you a little while but you should be able to do it in an afternoon for sure, then come summer, peel the tape off! OR you could use those giant rolls of packaging wrap, the clear thin plastic stuff, its pretty sticky to itself, kind of like ceran wrap! I know most hardware places should sell it....just put lots on and repair it threw the season......just a couple ideas....-Chris good luck :thumbsup:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:18 am

Camo Clad. :thumbsup:
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:21 am

There is a product called CamoClad, that is camo contact type of vinyl. I occasional see it on trucks and OB motor covers.

It may be what you are looking for. Just do a Google for more info on it.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:07 am

I had a simalar problem when I first started duck hunting. I was borrowing a boat. I wanted a temporary camo to cover the boat. I went to a local tent and awning company and bought used side walls for a tent. They had some that they didn't use anymore that I was able to buy real cheap. I got about 50feet of it for $10.00. It was even od green. then I bought spray paint and painted it camo. Then I hung it on the sides of the boat and used it to cover anything else i needed to. I just let the canvas lay on the water. As long as you don't put it away wet it will last a long time. I have had this canvas for about 15 years and last year we used it to make a blind on a boat and it is still in good shape.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:22 am

LEWDOG, I've got an aluminum fishing boat that I'm gonna use this season and my plan it to hang some burlap over the side of the thing and put down some astro turf to protect the carpets. Then I'm gonna put a boat blind on it that I'm gonna build out of some conduit.

Good luck. I know I wouldn't want to paint a fiberglass boat or hassles with covering and painting over that, but good luck in whatever you decide.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:42 am

JJ McGuire wrote:Camo Clad. :thumbsup:

:withstupid:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby gmcbiker » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:59 am

camo clad definitely
Semper Fi
gmcbiker
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:05 pm

:withstupid:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby weedsnager » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:41 pm

camo clad!
weedsnager
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:59 pm

packaging tape doesn't come off very easily with time. I got some on my back fence. I put it on there in july and now is stuck on there like paint. But I'm sure the vegas summer heat had some role in that.
DROPDUX
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:00 pm

packaging tape doesn't come off very easily with time. I got some on my back fence. I put it on there in july and now is stuck on there like paint. But I'm sure the vegas summer heat had some role in that.
DROPDUX
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds