My new 32hp Pro-Drive is here!

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

My new 32hp Pro-Drive is here!

Postby UT Greenhead » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:27 am

Well, the long wait is over. I'm put'n my new motor on my boat today and will be run'n er tonight. I'll post back later this evening to let the world know what kinda speed I'm getting. I've been told to expect 28 mph, but I'll have to see it to believe it on my boat (18X52). Time will tell, and I'll post some pics tonight also.

Later,
UTG
“You can agree with me or you can be wrong!”
UT Greenhead
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:41 pm

That's not too outrageous of a speed. I get a gps speed of 27.5 with my 29 MB. So I would not be surprised to see that. Let us know.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:23 pm

Evil_McNasty wrote:That's not too outrageous of a speed. I get a gps speed of 27.5 with my 29 MB. So I would not be surprised to see that. Let us know.

I'm pretty sure he knows that, but its not like you need to go 60 on the water to the duck blind.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:27 pm

Why not :cool:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby UT Greenhead » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:40 pm

Well, I thought I would take some pics but I left da camera at work. Anyway we got my motor put on and finished up around 5:30pm. Then I had to drive an hour and a half to da river just to be able to run for a few minutes. I only got to run her for about 15 minutes.

What kinda stinks is: My prop didn't come in with da motor, so I had to run da 27hp prop. KP overnighted it, but it didn't make it in today. It should be here tomorrow. Even though I had to run dat prop I still got 25.2mph in deep water (35 - 55 feet). I'm guess'n it will run 27 - 28 with da new prop, but da jury's still out on dat one.

I'll post up more after I get my new stainless steel!

UTG
UT Greenhead
hunter

Postby UT Greenhead » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:55 pm

Said I'd wait till I got my new prop before I posted, but I just couldn't wait. Prop is still not here so I'm still run'n da 27hp prop.

We went to brush da blind this morning and after we got done I asked everyone that was with us to hop in so I could see how da new motor would run under a good size load. I had five grown men in my 18X52 (189, 213, 214, 225, and 247) that equaled 1088 lbs, two Coleman coolers that were full, then the regular stuff (waders, gas, batteries, tool set, etc....). Anyway, even with the 27 prop we still got 19.4mph with all the weight.

Once again...... I'll post up more speeds when I get my new stainless.
UT Greenhead
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:40 am

Shoot, with that higher pitch prop, you'll probably do very well. Both speed and low end pull.

How does it drive so far? Turning, lifting when when going over logs, trim speed? What brand of boat are you running?
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby cutt-down » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 pm

UTG,
Wanna go run them this weekend.....muffin! :toofunny: Water should be up & my 32 outta be in. Need some help putting her on so Friday is looking pretty good if that's good for you. Or Thursday afternoon might be better so we could just go run on Friday. Let me know. And btw, glad to be a part of this site. Looks nice! Been on another forum for several years & like the looks of things here.
cutt-down
hunter

Postby UT Greenhead » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:53 am

Evil_McNasty wrote:Shoot, with that higher pitch prop, you'll probably do very well. Both speed and low end pull.

How does it drive so far? Turning, lifting when when going over logs, trim speed? What brand of boat are you running?

Motor handles well. Other than the weight, it handles just like the 27. One thing I like better is after going over something the prop falls back in the water a little faster than the 27, which helps keep momentum. All in all I'm stoked.

My boat is a 18X52 Pro-Drive, 21" sides, 20" transom, extended deck, bow rails, and pointed bow.
UT Greenhead
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds