Boat additions, and add-ons.

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Boat additions, and add-ons.

Postby yellodog1 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:05 am

My father has a 16 foot v-hull, that has been well painted over the last 20 years of hunting. A few years ago we bought some of the spray on bed liner from a paint store. I thought it would work great and give us some traction on the bottom of the boat, and be cheaper then having it professionally done like the bed liners for trucks.

10 cans later, and not much traction.
Now we have honey combed patterned rubber mats that we bought and cut to fit the bottom of the boat. They are about 3/4 of an inch thick with holes through them, and a raised rubber tread pattern that keeps you from slipping. The water goes through them on to the floor, and your boats have a nice grip to walk on. Plus they are brown in color.
They work great and are inexpensive.
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:14 am

About the only add on I'm doing to my boat is putting in a diamond tread floor and having Rhino or Line-X sprayed on it. I figure that will be enough traction.

Oh, I'll second the do-it-yourself liner is slippery. I did my last boat's aluminum floor with it and busted my butt a few times.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Grant48 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:51 am

Only add-ons I plan on doing are fishing related... trolling motor bracket, maybe a depthfinder/fishfinder, rod holders.
Grant48
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:38 pm

I'm running an AC adapter in mine to run my spotlight on. It's an older boat so it doesn't have a standard one.

Also a small space heater and a Coleman stove. :mrgreen: Nothing like hot food and staying warm out there.

Gotta get the blind built on it first though.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:26 am

I just picked up a new boat yesterday. I have wiring and convenience outlets installed. I will be plumbing it for propane gas heaters - twin Mr. Heater Buddy's - fed by a 10# tank. Will also install some holders for push pole and paddle.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds