Pontoon

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Pontoon

Postby kcduckslayer » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:38 pm

HAs anyone ever seen a pontoon converted into a hunting blind? What do you guys think?
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby hucklburry » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:42 am

I think it would be SWEET! There is so much you could do to it. You could even make it into a floating house and tow the sneak boats and launch each morning to your hunting spot, spend the weekend on the water.

But I would have to store it and haul it around on a trailer.

If I had the money for a boat slip or the room to store it I would think about it.

--Jim
hucklburry
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:52 am

I have a 21 footer that was willed to me by my grandfather. I just was looking at it the other day and I thought it would make an awsome blind. IT would take alot of fast grass and everything else to. But then again I was thinking about making my seadoo into a duck boat. It would definatly because the fastest duck boat I have ever seen. I think it would be pretty cool.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:13 pm

I was just talking to my buddies about that yesterday. I have heard that there are a couple guys in my area that have one, but haven't seen it yet. I just wasn't sure how rough of water you can use them in.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby kcduckslayer » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:13 pm

Its not like you are going to sink a pontoon. Long as you have enough motor you should be fine
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby Grant48 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 pm

One of my friends hunts off his dad's Party Barge occasionally. Obviously, it sucks, since he doesnt have a blind or any camo for it. But it definitely has potential to be a sweet platform.
Grant48
hunter

Postby jawilor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:12 am

I think there was one for sale on Ebay a while back. Here's a link to a company that makes camo pontoons and blinds http://www.islander-pontoon-boats.com/hunting_blind_motor_mount_trailer_acc.html
jawilor
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:11 pm

War eagle boats makes one also but it is tiny. There were some guys hunting down from us last year in a party barge, the only things i noticed is that is was hard to cover and it stuck out like a sore thumb, and they couldnt get in very shallow water. But if you were hunting divers in a big lake i think it would do great.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby kcduckslayer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:24 pm

Ya mine sits like 3 feet out of the water. But it will float in about 5 inches of water. Has really be logs on it. I think it is 28" diameter
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby openwaterhunter » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:58 pm

Finally! I thought I was the only reject in this world that wants to turn an old pontoon into a duck kill machine. I want a 22 footer with shooting decks on both sides and a nice warm box with sleeper bunks in the back where you drive and nice mud churnin, grass blowin, stump chewing shallow runnin motor on there. Oh the things I could come up with. Now if I can just get the ole lady to get a second job so I can afford all this.

:getdown:
openwaterhunter
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds