coot 1 of 2

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

coot 1 of 2

Postby brdprey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:11 pm

ok after 16 years here is the first of many to come mounts. i know there are alot of things to change and do better but it will thru time.

[siteimg]1189[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1190[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1191[/siteimg]
[siteimg]1192[/siteimg][/img]
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:14 am

Looks Good, for a coot??? :eek:
I think the first mount I attempt will be a drake mallard, cause coots make me sick.
:toofunny:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby Penguine » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:59 am

I keep telling my duck budies I am going to go on a coot shoot and have them all mounted. They keep telling me that if I do they will not hunt with me any more.
Penguine
hunter

Postby brdprey » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:22 pm

Penguine wrote:I keep telling my duck budies I am going to go on a coot shoot and have them all mounted. They keep telling me that if I do they will not hunt with me any more.

yes. well i sat and thought about it and decided all screw ups will be on the coots , preping me for the good stuff ,. next will be my ruddy havent even started on him.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby yellodog1 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:29 pm

My only question is WHY?
yellodog1
State Moderator

Postby chevyZ71 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:28 pm

ya, why would you wanna mount a worthless coot? :umm:
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby brdprey » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:49 am

practice, practice practice :mrgreen:
brdprey
hunter

Postby duckassasin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:52 pm

I can personally say I have eaten a few coots in my day from a few different places and they taste and smell much better than any ruddy, bufflhead, or spoony and some bluebills I have ever shot. you guys should try them out they really are not bad. to clean them u just step on there feet and lift up there wing and it breasts them perfect
duckassasin
hunter

Postby firebird » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:19 am

I can honestly say I've never tried a coot. I admit that my start was on roadkill pheasants and pigeons I used to plink with a pellet gun- under the freeway overpass-back when you used to be able to do that without starting a riot. Keep going on anything you can get, although mallards, teal and woodies are probably the more difficult skins to practice on.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:38 pm

dang coots. :mrgreen:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Taxidermy Forum