Whats on your wall & whats next ???

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Whats on your wall & whats next ???

Postby BlueGooseTN » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:18 pm

Just want to say hey to everyone !! I really enjoy looking at mounts and enjoy Taxidermy.

Alright I have had 2 Canada Geese, 1 Blue Goose, 1 Mallard.
I have a Drake Widgeon in the freezer and this year I will be after a Drake Canvasback(after Dec. 22) and a blue Ross goose, maybe some Goleneyes for a Dead Mount.

What all do yall have monted ??
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:53 pm

currently i have a 10 point buck, 2 gw teal(hen and drake), and a fat canadian at the shop. the goose will be back in january. the teal will probably be back in 8 weeks. and im giving the deer head about 8-10 weeks. cant wait! i will never take anything back to the guy thats doing my goose. he takes forever! but i have one guy that i now take all my ducks to and hes a world champion, and it also took my deer to a world champ. want the best mount possible. :thumbsup:
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:06 pm

I've got an 8 point buck, mallard drake (my first duck), and a wood duck. there are my dad's mounts, 8 pointer, huge 9 pointer, Big bull Can, canada goose that was given to us, turkey fan, beard, and foot mount and a 9 point rack mount. i would like to have a blue and green wing teal mounted.
kyfowler
hunter

Postby Humboldt Scaup » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:50 pm

Ive got a bluebill coming in all sideways like divers do and a mallard on the wall. Ive got a table mount of an aleutian canada goose and Ive got a table mount of an oldsquaw on the way. :cool:
The ducks are right there. Where? Right there. Where? OHHHH they're right there.

I think the ducks will be better off flying straight.
Humboldt Scaup
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:29 am

I got these 2 guys only so far, never mounted birds and now that I want to I am to damn picky!
This year in the freezer awaits a drake ringneck that is going in a dead mount with a bull redhead and drake bill
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby gahunter » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:06 pm

I've got a 9 point whitetail, an 8 pound bass, a pair of woodies at my parents house, another 9 pointer at my parents, and I have a pair of eiders in the freezer waiting to go to the taxi.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:17 pm

I have a drake spoonbill, and this year i would hope to mount any drakes of CWT GWT BWT mallards pintails woodies or widgeon. :thumbsup:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby cast-n-blast » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:58 pm

ISHOOTDIVERS wrote:I am to damn picky!

:withstupid: I know how you feel, my next mount is going to be a nice mature greenhead & hen double mount on a pedistal base.
P.S. I love that goldeneye, one of the best I've seen on this site! :thumbsup:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby Delta Hunter » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:07 am

I never could afford to pay to have things mounted, so I had to learn to do it myself. I have an 11 pt buck, 12 pt buck, 4 Mallards , 4 Pintails, 4 Greenwing Teal, Bluewing Teal, 2 Wigeons, Black Duck, Redhead, Ring neck, 3 Woodies, and a Snow Goose. It's a good thing my wife likes them.

Delta Hunter
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 am

Castnblast thanks I love it too, I love goldies and the mount turned out great for a great bird, I actually shot that bird at about 10 yards with BB, God does my taxi do good work LOL
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby Penguine » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:28 am

3 European Mounted buck heads, all taken this year. They are small, one is a 3x4 mulie, one is a 3x3 mulile, and the one I got last night is a small 4x4 white tail. On top of that if I happen to get some geese this weekend and they look worth a damn one of them will go up. Also, any decent looking birds in the next month are going to the wall. hehe, my waife hates the mounts, expecially the mallard and big 3x3 European Mulie hanging over the bed.
Penguine
hunter

Postby hunt-chessies » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:16 am

I got a drake eider is a flying pose above my TV and i have a laundry list of birds that i'd like to get my hands on and have done. Bull sprig is at the top of my list. I may have to think about trying my hand at taxidermy cuase there is no way i'll afford it any other way. I think i would enjoy the work its just i don't know if i have the room to do it and im a perfectionist and i think i would knit pick it till it was ruined!!!
Proudly owned by "HR A hunters dream of Westwind JH"

I quote HNTFSH ****Hunting is a form of training but not the first wave of it. *****
hunt-chessies
Forum Moderator

Postby 7grnhds » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:10 pm

i have a caribou, three europeans, frist archery elk (290 P&Y) a really different mule deer with two drops it was a main fraim forkey that was pushing 30" it is really neat deer, and my girlfriends first buck she shot it this year. i am also trying to find a taxidermist in montana to mount a drake widgeon for me
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum