NEWBIE TO TAXIDERMY

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

NEWBIE TO TAXIDERMY

Postby huntingrdr » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:27 pm

Hello,

I am 15 years old and love to duck hunt. I ahve several good ducks in the freexer that I want to mount. I have a few at the taxidermy but cant afford it much longer, so I thought that it would be fun to learn how to do it. I have never done it before and have no idea how to either. I would like to purchase some excellent videos that will show me step by step on how to mount a duck. If anyone knows and videos or dvds please let me know.

Thanks Robert
huntingrdr
hunter

Postby Delta Hunter » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:31 pm

Robert, go to http://www.taxidermy.com/ They have an outstanding line of videos. Taxidermy is a lot eaiser with the proper tools, some of which can be fairly expensive, but it is a hobby that can provide many hours of enjoyment, and later a source of extra income. Don't give up and ask questions when you get confused. There is always someone willing to help.
Delta Hunter
hunter

Postby brdprey » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:56 am

to fill any questions that may have already been asked or to post one. go to taxidermy.net as far as videos. huh.......you got wasaco, manican research, allreads, pretty much most taxidermist sight will have some sort of vid for you to buy. start brousing.
:cool:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:57 pm

i might get into taxidermy myself. the fees are a pain. the older and more experineced im getting, i become more succesfull. so,... i cant have to many more expenditures. might as well get into it. im sure id love it, and all my friends and family say im a great artist. so this may turn out to be one of those things that work out for me.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby Canadian Quacker » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:05 pm

chevyZ71 wrote: all my friends and family say im a great artist.

Be careful chevy, all those terrible singer on American Idol always say "but my friends and family said I was a great singer" . . . and they end up being terrible..

:toofunny: I'm just joking. I'm sure your a great artist.
Good Luck getting started!!
Canadian Quacker
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:34 pm

:toofunny: i think those jokes on american idol make a ton of stuff up. i was looking around on the internet last night and saw a beginners kit. so i geuss ill watch a video, maybe read one of the books, and then give the kit a try.
i assume there would be a stinch while mounting also. those smells dont bother me, its my mom who would have a concern of it stinking up an area. so i geuss im best off doing it in the garage where it wouldnt matter if i smell the place up and make a mess. :mrgreen:
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:04 pm

i was at the taxi about 2 hours ago, and man does that make me to get into get into it! this guy specializes in waterfowl. thats probably the only type of mounting i would want to do. i now a guy to do my deer, so im good with that. but being there to drop my birds off really makes me want to start it

if some of you have ever seen shane smith's work you know what that immediantly means. one of the best. if i lived an hour closer to him i would definitley get lessons from him.
chevyZ71
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum