got some taxidermy stuff

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

got some taxidermy stuff

Postby openwaterhunter2 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:19 pm

My mom God love her. She got me the van dykes kit from cabelas. I ain't ever tried taxidermy but told her I would like to give it a shot. I sat down and read the instrutions cover to cover twice that they send with the kit. It's like the book of Revolations in the Bible. Clear as mud. I have ordered two videos and several books on anatomy and stuff of that nature. As soon as they get here I will have to go out and buy some equipment to work with but I believe I will enjoy it. I used to trap so I know all about the fleshing only I know nothing about bird fleshing. I am sure I will have lots of questions once I get started so I figured this would be a good fore warning. :mrgreen:
openwaterhunter2
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:02 pm

Bring it on! Good luck. You'll know the first time you invert the wings and flesh your first bird, if it is something you'll want to try!

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby drake the duck dog » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:35 pm

how do you flesh a bird i would really like to try and mount a mallard drake
git r done , duckaholic, if it flys it dies.
drake the duck dog
Newb

Postby brdprey » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:45 pm

drake the duck dog wrote:how do you flesh a bird i would really like to try and mount a mallard drake

if you do a search youll find out many dif ways to begin. one is to just purchase a kit like the one above. the other is to purchase videos and the other is have someone teach you hands on. the final way is........well just dive in.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum