Playtime is Over, time to catch up!

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Playtime is Over, time to catch up!

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 am

Amazing how far behind a three week trip can put you, but now it's time to get back in the groove. Lots to do and phone is ringing, fleshing wheel staying hot, tumbler working overtime and a student here to compromise my timeline. But, I even had a little time to do a couple for myself in between all this.

Snow/Canada hybrid.

Red Shoveler showing some piebald mutation. The wingman going with him will be more typically colored as this one is paler in comparison. Brian, would you believe no pin-feathers on this one!

Argentine Cinnamon

And lots to do from the most recent trip to Uruguay and Argentina.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Re: Playtime is Over, time to catch up!

Postby duxrus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:39 am

Glad to see you made it back . :thumbsup:

Out of those piles the cin teal and wigeon have to be my favorite. Looks like you shot one or two birds this trip. :lol3:
duxrus
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Brian, was a good trip. Found the Holy Grail of waterfowl in Uruguay. More Whistling Ducks and Ringed Teal than I knew existed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 pm

The Waterfowler wrote:Brian, was a good trip. Found the Holy Grail of waterfowl in Uruguay. More Whistling Ducks and Ringed Teal than I knew existed!

You sure you dont need to hire a shotgun cleaner/bird carrier to tag along with ya?
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
3legged_lab
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Glad u slayed them I think my new favorite duck is the red shovler :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 pm

They are a pretty little duck. Usually traveling in very small groups or pairs. One of my favorites from down there. Ramsey got this great picture of a pair of drakes, one of the best photos of them I have seen. I'm going to try and copy this and will be a challenge for sure.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby duxrus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:59 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
The Waterfowler wrote:Brian, was a good trip. Found the Holy Grail of waterfowl in Uruguay. More Whistling Ducks and Ringed Teal than I knew existed!

You sure you dont need to hire a shotgun cleaner/bird carrier to tag along with ya?

Now BACK OFF.....I already have dibbs on him adopting me :grooving: :tongue: :grooving: Now if he would only sign the paperwork :lol3:
duxrus
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:44 am

That's a lot of weird and good looking ducks. It's amazing to me how many species there are around the world. Thanks for always posting! I love reading up on your site and here on DHC.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum