Cinnamon teal finally home.

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Cinnamon teal finally home.

Postby bennyboy72 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:38 am

I just got it back yesterday. This is the first time I have used this particular taxidermist but I really like it!

bennyboy72
hunter

Re: Cinnamon teal finally home.

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:08 am

Looks great!!!
Last edited by JuniorPre 360 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

nice :thumbsup:
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby bennyboy72 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:Did Snyder do this? Looks great!!!

Yes
bennyboy72
hunter

Postby duck jerky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Nice :thumbsup: Looks like Synder did another great job!

He did my cinnamon to and his work is just as good as any of those other guys that want to charge you 35 to 45% more then him.
duck jerky
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:24 am

The only thing I hate is waiting 8 months. I just got 3 more weeks to go and I get my two cans and wood duck back!! He does do an amazing job from what I've seen.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 am

Guys, I don't mind you being happy with your mounts, and we love to see mounts posted, but please refrain from the name dropping. If someone asks who mounted it, please respond by PM. We have paying sponsors that we must respect. I'm not saying any of you are trying to advertise for your taxidermist, but if there is no name dropping, I don't have to try and weed through it when it does occur.

Thank you, and I'm sure you understand? No one is saying that these sponsors are the only guys in the world, and your options are so limited. We are just granting them some exclusivity (on this forum) due to the fact that they pay to advertise here.

Pete (moderator)
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:13 am

Pete-pec wrote:Guys, I don't mind you being happy with your mounts, and we love to see mounts posted, but please refrain from the name dropping. If someone asks who mounted it, please respond by PM. We have paying sponsors that we must respect. I'm not saying any of you are trying to advertise for your taxidermist, but if there is no name dropping, I don't have to try and weed through it when it does occur.

Thank you, and I'm sure you understand? No one is saying that these sponsors are the only guys in the world, and your options are so limited. We are just granting them some exclusivity (on this forum) due to the fact that they pay to advertise here.

Pete (moderator)

I understand. But a real quick question, if there is a local guy from one of the states, could info be posted in that state's forum?
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 am

I see it all the time, and I have no issues with it at all. In this particular forum where it is specifically taxidermy, where there are sponsors, the outlook is different. In state forums, pretty much any question can be asked, and answered with a business name. The only time I could see an issue would be someone sponsoring a particular state for a particular product or service, and the competition's name was mentioned, but I have mentioned guide's names in my own state forum that I moderate.

This is a tough forum to stay on top of. Very rarely, does anyone come on here baiting, or trying to pull something off. If there were no sponsors, I wouldn't care who posted what. Most of the time it is people being proud of their work, and are harmlessly posting who mounted it. Sometimes someone asks who mounted it, sometimes someone guesses who mounted it, and posts a last name like in this case, followed by another guy posting a first name. It didn't take me two seconds to figure out who the taxidermist was and what his prices were. I looked at his website, saw his prices, saw his gallery, and thought his prices for the quality were very good. So, you have to know that if I did this all in a minute's time, I'm not the only one who could do the same thing?

Tough forum to manage? You bet! I try to remain neutral, and as fair as possible. Do I miss stuff? Yes, but I try my best to give the paying sponsor what I would consider value. If it was an absolute free for all, there would be no sponsors. Which by the way, would be way easier! :yes:

I want to add, that I don't feel like anyone in this post acted in bad form. I think it was something that is simply overlooked. After you hear my viewpoint on this I would believe you would have to agree with my stance on this. It's a forum that happens to be challenging to moderate because a lot of people mount their birds, and we happen to have sponsors. I would love for everyone to show off the good, the bad, and the ugly. If everything was kept on the down low, it would be grande! I happen to be a hobby taxidermist. I will post a picture very rarely, but I am not doing this for anyone but myself. That happens to be the best person for the job, because I'm about as neutral as they come. Lately I haven't even commented on good taxidermy, and have never commented on bad. I don't mind critiquing when asked, but will never slam someone's work when it falls a bit short (in my opinion).
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

Clearly understood. I guess it wouldn't be fair for the sponsors that I'm sure fund and keep this site alive and running to have other companies "advertised" as such. Thank you for the info and for handling it so nicely.
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby duck jerky » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Sorry.
duck jerky
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 pm

LOL sorry? No, nothing to be sorry about at all. It's all good!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jason52 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:03 pm

It's all good until you question one of these moderators, then they run crying to the Admin who sends you a nasty message and always takes sides with these idiots!
jason52
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Jason, sounds like you have the "bluez man"?
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bennyboy72 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 am

My apologies I can understand why a reply through pm would have been more appropriate. Will do that in the future. Thanks!
bennyboy72
hunter

Postby duxrus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:55 am

jason52 wrote:It's all good until you question one of these moderators, then they run crying to the Admin who sends you a nasty message and always takes sides with these idiots!

He who throws out IDIOT might want to look into a mirror before opening one's mouth...... :fingerpt:

Funny how the people who pay the bills so we all can enjoy sites like this have the final say.....hmmmm :fingerhead: :no: :fingerhead:

Pete, if it isn't Blueboy then it is his boyfriend.... :eek:
duxrus
hunter

Postby aboz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:47 pm

On a different not that bird is awesome. Still one of my top three favorite species.
take em
aboz
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum