Hoping there is a picture...

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Hoping there is a picture...

Postby NJGilbert » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm

So I had a dream last night that I was at deer camp and shot a nice 8 point, hung it up back at the camp then hit the nearby pond where I shot a limit of gadwall and mallard drakes just before sunset. Unfortunately, I eventually had to wake up... Here's the question: Has there ever been a combination mount like this? A nice buck surrounded by cupped up or flaring ducks to commemorate a day of truly spectacular shooting?

In the dream it looked amazing but no googling of any kind has turned one up. Thought this would be the place to ask.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Never brag on your wife or your dog, or both will do everything they can to embarrass you.
NJGilbert
hunter

Re: Hoping there is a picture...

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:32 pm

I had a day where I shot a limit of wood ducks and a single goose in the morning. Went musky fishing that same day until about 2 PM. I caught my largest musky to date which was a 48 incher. Of course I released her. That afternoon, I shot a doe with the bow. That was a full day for darn sure, and one that would be hard to top. By the way, I killed a twelve pack of beer that night, for the "big four"! :lol: Never had anything mounted from that experience. Just one picture of the musky, otherwise just a great memory.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckluck » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Last day of deer season just happened to be my birthday, I was in the middle of collegeand decided I wanted to spend that whole last day in the woods... Went to the stand that was the deepest in the woods on my in laws property to avoid hearing any type of noise other then the woods... Sat for an hour in the morning, shot a 4 point... brought it back cleaned him up, went back out after lunch to the same stand for the same reason... Shot a 8 point that afternoon. I thought I had the greatest outdoors days ever, hoping to top that one day for as the person stated above me, thats a hell of a day! I have a pic somewhere I'll dig up. cool thread btw
First shot I usually miss, the second I normally hit in the same spot, the third more or less is like a "screw that coot!"

Don't write a check with your mouth, That your ass can't cash!
duckluck
hunter

Postby NJGilbert » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Oh man those are some great days... I think doing one or more types of hunting/fishing in one day is always so amazing. The mounts they would make would be amazing. Even four cupped mallards coming down with four pheasants flushing up. Anybody have any combination mounts like that?
________________________________________________________________________________________
Never brag on your wife or your dog, or both will do everything they can to embarrass you.
NJGilbert
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:40 pm

My favorite shooting a limit in morning then going home and having thanksgiving dinner :biggrin:
cootlover
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum