Upstate SC

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Upstate SC

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 am

Anyone from SC upstate area. I have been teaching myself taxidermy completely on my own and have gotten where i can make them decent but i know there are some things that you just dont learn on your own. Im going to school at Clemson. Im willing to drive where ever to get a few tips. I'm not looking or expecting anyone to sit down with me and tech me from top to bottom. I would just like for any somewhat experienced taxidermist to let me swing by and watch them at work and maybe ask a few questions. I won't get in your way or be a pain, just want to soak in some knowledge! I can trade work on basic steps or whatever you need. Here are some pics to show you my progress. Thanks for any help that you can provide!
Attachments
mallard mount 2.jpg
mallard mount 1.jpg
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Re: Upstate SC

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:22 pm

Looks like you're doing just fine. If you have questions, just ask. I can assure you, no question is too silly. It may have been asked already, so do a slight search, searching key words, or just ask. We like to help. It looks like you know the fundamentals already, so if it's the details, then just ask.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby callumcuffumkillum » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks for the advice
It's not a passion it's an obsession
callumcuffumkillum
hunter

Postby duxrus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Not bad at all. Just tuck the butt/tail just a little to get rid of the hump.....tape the secondaries.....pull the neck skin forward to "thicken" up the neck/head junction. :thumbsup:
duxrus
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum