Duck Hunting Forum banner

Pintails

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  OHCETNR 
#1 ·
Hi,
Here are a couple recent Pintails I wanted to share with you.
Best Regards,
Todd Huffman

See less See more
#15 ·
OHCETNR said:
Your work is very good. But do you think the color of the bill and feet look as good as the rest of the bird? You do a great job but that is something I have noticed with your work. I have been looking at your mounts for a while now, and just wanted to ask.
Thank you. Your just seeing my color temp setting on my camera. I use multiply color temp lights(white balance) (kelvin color temperatures for the pro's out there), on my studio setup..great for bringing out all the color spectrum's on the birds but can give a un-correct color cast on greys.The bills and feet are actually a grey not blue. Some of my Eider photo come out that way also. Just in the photos....
Regards,
Todd Huffman

#16 ·
Thanks Todd, I was not trying to bash your work at all. I am just really picky about getting a mount done. I have had most of my waterfowl done by a friend here in iowa, Cory Caruthers. He is awesome, but I still like to shop around. Going on some hunts down south to try to shoot a pintail, thats why I was asking. Thanks again, Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.