Heres what I have so far

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Heres what I have so far

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Here's a few pics of the mounts I have so far. I'm hopeing after this season to add a few. I have a drake shoveler, drake GWT, drake and hen woody, and a drake and hen hooody. The hen hoody is still at the taxidermist at the moment. The camera quality is not the best nor is the lighting so bare with me. I think they look 10x better in person! What do yall think?
Attachments
hoody mount.jpg
shoveler mount.jpg
teal mount.jpg
woody mount.jpg
Last edited by Duckslayer26 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Re: Heres what I have so far

Postby flyingdog » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 pm

Very nice mounts!!!
flyingdog
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:53 pm

flyingdog wrote:Very nice mounts!!!

Thanks man, shot my first gaddy hen today. I gave it to my buddy cause his dog retreived it at about 80-90 yrds out and felt he deserved it even though i wanted to keep her and get her mounted. Shes 13 yrs old but acts like shes 6. Im goin in the mornin so i hope i shoot a drake greenhead & drake gaddy but gota figure out how to retreive the ducks without a dog lol
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Nice mounts man, good luck tomorrow!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Nice mounts man, good luck tomorrow!

Thanks man! It was in the mid 50's today with fog and cloudy. Tom mornin is supposeto be 36 cloudy and drizzle so I cant pass up tom.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:

Thanks man! It was in the mid 50's today with fog and cloudy. Tom mornin is supposeto be 36 cloudy and drizzle so I cant pass up tom.

Doesn't get better than that unless you get some wind~! Post some pic's tomorrow!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

Doesn't get better than that unless you get some wind~! Post some pic's tomorrow!

5-9 mph wind, im puttin out 2 1/2 dz deeks of gwt,bwt, gaddys, greenheads and 4 honkers. Also puttin out a gaddy drake mojo and the drake wonderduck tornado. That wonder duck is awesome! Il post some pics tom!
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

5-9 mph wind, im puttin out 2 1/2 dz deeks of gwt,bwt, gaddys, greenheads and 4 honkers. Also puttin out a gaddy drake mojo and the drake wonderduck tornado. That wonder duck is awesome! Il post some pics tom!

I assume you can't sleep because your stoked about the hunt tomorrow (happens to me all the time) butttt it's 11 pm in georgia and you need to get out there early for your setup. Nothing worse EVER except for cold hands, than a pair of tired and dried out eyes from a lack of sleep! My secret, 4 shots of whiskey followed by a glass of water as a night capper!
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby WildDuckman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 am

I really like the woddie mount!
WildDuckman
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:10 pm

wanapasaki wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

I assume you can't sleep because your stoked about the hunt tomorrow (happens to me all the time) butttt it's 11 pm in georgia and you need to get out there early for your setup. Nothing worse EVER except for cold hands, than a pair of tired and dried out eyes from a lack of sleep! My secret, 4 shots of whiskey followed by a glass of water as a night capper!

Ya i didnt get much sleep but everything except the temp was right. They called for 36 this mornin but it was 56. Saw 11 ducks and heard some geese. 2 pairs of greenheads that apparently had somewhere to be and wanted nothing to do with me, 6 gwt that i got to circle back 3 times but wouldnt come in close enough and a drake ringer. I should have had that ringer. I was sitting next to a 2 ft tall stump blending in and some of the deeks got tangled. I figured i would fix em before something came in and looked all around and didnt see anything. Well my first mistake was not looking behind the stump. So i got up but without my gun, second mistake. Then i see him swimmin to my spread about 20 yrds away and hes takes off about 15 yrds then he dives down and comes up 80 yrds away. On my way out drivin across a bridge near to where i hunted i saw 15-20 greenheads back in a cove near a dock. The wind was perfect (except when it shifted back & forth), and it was overcast with a light drizzle. I stayed untill about 1 and then halfway to the truck it poured. I thought my jacket was waterproof cause it has been in the past but apparently it wasnt for some reason this time. I had fun and learned a few things today and heading back out tomorrow to hopefully shoot my first greenhead. I know they are there. I just realized the hoody drake picture isnt up. Ima post it right now.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby jgoetz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 am

Nice shovler and gwt mounts. Really captures what they look like in the wild.
Talk crap, get hit!
jgoetz
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 am

jgoetz wrote:Nice shovler and gwt mounts. Really captures what they look like in the wild.

Thanks, my guy is purty good at what he does. Hes only been doin it for about 15+ years and hes passionate about it. He doesnt rush it.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum