A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.
Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1
I shot this duck in N GA last Friday morning, it was with gadwalls, and mallards. I think it's a black/mallard hybrid, but would like some input from guys that have killed a black hybrid. Thanks.
PS I'm mounting him with a big mallard I shot that same morning.
- securedownload (36).jpg (31.62 KiB) Viewed 820 times
- Posts: 129
- Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 pm
- Location: Round the corner
Looks like a mallard/black hybrid to me... What a trophy, Congrats!!!
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 pm
yep thats what it is, nice one too
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:29 pm
Any mottleds in your area? The any reason I ask is because we have lots of mottled/mallard hybrids that look exactly like that.
- Posts: 706
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:53 pm
- Location: Central Florida
Return to Taxidermy Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests