Duck Hunting Forum banner

Removing blood and stains?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ARduckboy24 
#1 ·
I know this has probably been covered a million times but,
What works the best to remove blood and stains from white feathers (pintail drake, snow goose ect.)?

Any help would be appreciated... :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Thanks guys ... I recently mounted a pintail drake and i got all of the blood out with dawn but the breast was so yellow and dirty ( rice bird) so I used some blueing whitener and it did not do the job... Maybe I did not soak long enough?

Waterfowler... is era the brand?

Duxrus... Can you buy whinks in a local store or do you have to purchase it from a taxi catalog?

Thanks again guys

#6 ·
Era is sold in the same aisle as laundry detergents. It's in a red plastic bottle with a pour spout. Just pour a little directly on to the clot and let it soak in Dawn as you are washing it. Dawn is good for grease and Era is good for blood. The water sprayer on the sink will blow the clot out after a little soak. Winks is usually found at places like Wal-Mart. It's in a brown bottle. Just squirt it on the stains and it lifts them out.

#9 ·
I use diluted 35% peroxide when dealing with blood or rust. I will say that rust stains or tannic water stains on birds I tend to leave, because I think it adds character. The peroxide will dissolve both almost immediately. The dilution ration is purely a guess at one quarter cup per gallon of water. You add this to laundry soap and warm water, and your water turns milky with suds, and washes skins absolutely perfect! Normally I use laundry soap because it is more concentrated and smells good too!

#10 ·
I just shot my first pinnie and in the timber :eek: check out unique youth hunt by duckhunter2-2007 on Arkansashunting.net im the shortest there..bit unrelated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.