Merganser finished

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Merganser finished

Postby 1080tommy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I had a tough time with this one because while she looked great from the outside, upon skinning her wing bones were gone and one leg was completely gone. I rebuilt the wings using the existing piece of wing bone. I used an 8 gage wire hot glued into the bone then took a ball point pen and cut that to the size of the bone. Came out pretty good however; I noticed the manikin was too large for the bird so I did what I could with that and there is a place near the anal vent that does not look good but with the pose, it is not noticeable. I am drying her and added some habitat to spruce up the mount. It is my second bird and I am learning new stuff from mounting and reading the posts here. Here is a short slide show. I meant peek as well. Just noticed that. Oh well Hope the lighting is not too bad.

Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: Northern Illinois

Remove Advertisements

Return to Taxidermy Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests