Duck Hunting Forum banner

Possible fix???

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  duckhunter052002 
#1 ·
I shot a really good looking wood duck tonight and I think the neck got broken. Is it possible to still get mounted?

#4 ·
First of all, how'd it get broken? Was it because someone rung it's neck? If so, this sometimes will cause a rip in the neck hide and tear the feathers in the same area. Depending on where the rip is, if at all, will determine if you can hide it or moun tit so it's facing the back.

If it looks good to you, it will probably be a good mount.

Pat

#5 ·
i shot a 5 year old woody and it was in my buddy freezer waiting to be mounted then he went and became not my buddy cuz he wanted my girl then through my damn duck out.......no what!? haha all you can do is laugh about it i guess. shoot another one

#7 ·
could have been slight pellet damage. ive seen ducks break there necks or well the best we could tell broke their necks when they hit the water. a submerged stump, many different things. im positive it can be fixed. i shot the beek off a wood cock and you couldnt tell when the old timer was done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.