Goose mount ?

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Goose mount ?

Postby PatCies83 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Hey guys I need some ideas for a goose mount. I have real nice goose and I just can’t think of a good mount. I like mounts that are VERY unique and very different from other peoples mounts. I looking for some ideas or pictures of goose mounts you guys have seen that are really different.
PatCies83
hunter

Postby JAKE H » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:30 pm

I don't know how unique the one I did for a friend was, but I built a nice octagon base stained mahogany and did a sentry mount with corn stubble a few ears of corn turned out nice I have a smaller one in the freezer that I will probably do a landing mount with also thought about a sleeper, get a few pictures of geese flying,landing, and such and something should catch your eye, water effects always bring out a mount.
JAKE H
hunter

Postby DarkThirty Killer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 pm

get him mounted standing on some green outdoor carpet and cut a hole in the carpet and stick a flag in it. Get a plaque made that says, the best shot on the 18th green. :mrgreen:
There is no such thing as a cripple being too close!!! If so, you might never see it again. I'm not going to take that chance!!!
DarkThirty Killer
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum