resource for in-flight duck pics...

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

resource for in-flight duck pics...

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:03 pm

hey all,

i am having a pair of mallards (hen & drake) mounted. the guy wants me to pick a pose to do. he recommended finding some pictures of different flight positions and choose the one i like. unfortunately, i haven't had any luck finding "good" pictures of ducks in-flight. can anyone point me in the right direction on this? or at least show off some of the different mounts you have to give me some ideas? thanks in advance...
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:03 pm

Try a google Images search, I was able to turn up numerous photos/drawings/paintings of ducks in flight, as well as a few mounts. Sure it turned up only 600 photos but it should do!
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:09 pm

Sharpshooter,
Ducks Unlimited has what you're looking for. When I'm looking for a new or unusual pose, that's the resource I pull out. If your not a member, (which is the only way to get a subscription) then become one. There is some good reading to be had as well. Personally, if I was to mount two Mallards in flight, they would have to be in landing mode. (Wings set and feet splayed) One on top of the other. You can also do a simple search. Type in Mallard duck photo, or duck photos and you'll find a site that will have tons of waterfowl to look at. Just my two cents! Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Taxidermy Forum