2nd bird and 3rd bird added

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

2nd bird and 3rd bird added

Postby Duck Nasty » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Here are some pics I finished it last night but made some adjustments today. I would love for you guys to critique me on it. I have a thick skin and really want to improve on my taxi skills. This was a juvie gad hen that was pretty shot up and them retrieved by a hard mouthed lab. I spent several hours sewing holes on her and am working on the drake this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Duck Nasty on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck Nasty
hunter

Re: 2nd bird

Postby duxrus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 pm

The one main thing that stands out is the chest/neck junction. You need to pull the chest area forward toward the head for a more gradual transition. I always add a little fiberfil to the crop area to help with the shaping. On the other post you could see alot of preening that still needed to be done on the back and chest. Granted you were dealing with a less than banner pinned up bird but in most cases if you take your time you can preen a fair mount into a good one. You are well on your way so keep up the hard work. :thumbsup:
duxrus
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Like Brian said, the chest/neck junction doesn't have the flow it should. The head/neck junction (back of the head to the neck) is nice and smooth and your head doesn't look overly stuffed.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks guys I hope I got this one better

Duck Nasty
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum