How long is too long?

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

How long is too long?

Postby Ga ducker » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Alright, so I took two ducks to be mounted last year (opening day in November) (2012) and I haven't gotten the birds back yet. I called the taxi back in September and he told me it would be 2 weeks til they were done, then a week before Christmas (2013) my family called the guy about them and he told me it would be another two weeks. Now in February I still haven't heard anything. I know mounting often takes a while, but the man didn't give me a finish date and I'm just wondering if I should keep calling or just hold back? I know there' nothing I can do, but I don't really enjoy being told my mounts will be done in 2 weeks. I also don't want to annoy the guy and make him wanna mess up my bird on purpose or something. I was recommended to go to this guy by another (non-waterfowl) taxi. Is someone like this worth going back to? Sorry if the questions seemed dumb, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!
Ga ducker
hunter

Re: How long is too long?

Postby duxrus » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Lying is lying. After being blatantly lied to a second time I would go get my bird and any money deposit back. The truth goes a long way so if he was running way behind his promises he should have just said so. Telling someone it will be 4months when knowing dang well it will more like a year is down right dishonest.(just an exàmple)

If you call demanding it to be done....NOW ... then you run the chance of it being thrown together.

If you just wait you might be waiting awhile if not forever.

If you call and tell them you are coming to get it you will probably get BS about it already being skinned or needing to dry. If you go that route I would demand a picture as proof since 2weeks has already turned into 4 months

Good luck
duxrus
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:08 pm

duxrus wrote:Lying is lying. After being blatantly lied to a second time I would go get my bird and any money deposit back. The truth goes a long way so if he was running way behind his promises he should have just said so. Telling someone it will be 4months when knowing dang well it will more like a year is down right dishonest.(just an exàmple)

If you call demanding it to be done....NOW ... then you run the chance of it being thrown together.

If you just wait you might be waiting awhile if not forever.

If you call and tell them you are coming to get it you will probably get BS about it already being skinned or needing to dry. If you go that route I would demand a picture as proof since 2weeks has already turned into 4 months

Good luck

Thing is that he has said both times that they were drying. Second time though he said the bill on one of the birds was messed up(?) But he never mentioned it back in September when the birds were drying or whatever his excuse was.
Ga ducker
hunter

Postby duxrus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm

It only takes two weeks to dry and a few minutes to fix bill issues if using the real bill :/
duxrus
hunter

Postby Ga ducker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 pm

duxrus wrote:It only takes two weeks to dry and a few minutes to fix bill issues if using the real bill :/

Guy just called today which is funny! Not sure if I'll use again though.
Ga ducker
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum