Obregon, just as I remembered

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Obregon, just as I remembered

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:09 am

Just back from Obregon, Mexico. Hunted there in the 90's but just now found my way back with a group of clients. The operation we use is above first class all the way and the shooting just as diverse and as great as before. Black Brant, Teal Trios and Mexican Mallards for the collectors along with the normal puddle and diving ducks awaited us. We have dates blocked off for next year starting Feb. 2. Let me know if you're interested in joining us.

Some of the hunters taking a break at mid morning,

My favorite, Black Brant.

Black Brant are the most studied waterfowl in the U.S. and bands are to be found.

Mexican Mallards, Anas p. diazi are easily taken.

Collect the Teal Trilogy.

Some of the nicest and best dressed Northern Shovelers to be had.

Good number of Redheads on this trip also.

A good area for Elegant Quail plus Gambel's if interested.

Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Re: Obregon, just as I remembered

Postby MasonG » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:52 am

Looks like an awesome hunt man, those are some gorgeous birds
MasonG
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Awesome Pat! Looks like a fun trip. I wanna shoot some Brant so bad. Maybe one day. Looks like 4 different kinds of teal!! Really impressive.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby tripleb56 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Beautiful Birds. Now thats a dream hunt.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Nice picks and posts. You bring anything note worthy back this trip?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:40 pm

We brought in around 50 or more birds. A lot of the guys wanted Cinnamons, Mexican Mallards and Brant. I brought back a half dozen Elegant Quail, some nice Cinnamons too, like I need some more of them but just can't see them not mounted. Did get a Greenwing with an inch or better white ring all the way round the neck that was kinda neat looking. Birds in their glorious prime for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby montana bound » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Very Nice!!! :clapping:
You get out of a dog , what you put into a dog!
montana bound
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:08 pm

One of our clients from British Columbia mouth calling and shooting Black Brant on our trip.

http://youtu.be/P7cOR0tQGWc

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby fowlweatherfowler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Very nice. Would love to make a trip with you guys in the next few years.
fowlweatherfowler
hunter

Postby ramsey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:47 pm

I may finished editing photos by Christmas!

no particular order

Steak night while entertained by large mariachi band

world of beretta tv

when clients break from waterfowl hunting to shoot white-winged doves, life is GOOD

waiting every time we return to lodge, my favorite food group in Mexico and lots of vitamin c I've heard

took 2 year-old Cooper. This was retrieve number 346 for the trip

Obregon mexico Brant & Duck Hunting Combo Package Details
Your trip of a lifetime gets our full attention: Ramsey Russell 's GetDucks.com is a full-time, full-service sporting travel agency specialized in trophy duck species and wingshooting experiences. We are paid sponsors of Duckhuntingchat.com
ramsey
DHC Sponsor

Postby ramsey » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:54 pm

last day of trip

black brant

great morning

more brant

Famous last words: A pair of black brant flew off the Sea of Cortez and into our bay, flying low over the water towards us. As they eased on the brakes to sweep through the decoys, Skip whispered, "Ramsey, you shoot the one on the right, I'll shoot the one on the left."

"Look Mom - I'm on TV"

GetDucks.com Obregon Mexico Brant & Duck Hunting Combo Package Details
Your trip of a lifetime gets our full attention: Ramsey Russell 's GetDucks.com is a full-time, full-service sporting travel agency specialized in trophy duck species and wingshooting experiences. We are paid sponsors of Duckhuntingchat.com
ramsey
DHC Sponsor

Postby ramsey » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 am

added a few to the string in a few short days. i'd rather be lucky than good.

cinnamon teal. and it's a wrap.

happy hunters, and nearly every species of duck available were bagged

mexican duck x mallard hybrid

gambel's quail

GetDucks.com Obregon Mexico Brant & Duck Hunting Combo Package Details
ramsey
DHC Sponsor

Postby ramsey » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:13 am

Will post more later. All of these photos and many, many more are posted on our GetDucks.com facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Getduckscom/613161632060459

YES - We are doing hosted hunts next year (dates February 2-February 17, contact us ramsey@getducks.com or 1-866-438-3897, or pat@getducks.com or ryan@getducks.com for more info or to join.

YES - Importation of trophies from Mexico is easy. It's simple paperwork and we assist clients with this process - you may process your birds through our on-staff USDA Approved facility or one of your choosing, your preference.

YES - Pursuant to hosted hunts, Hosts will have the necessary import permit, will help you tag your trophies, complete your FWS documentation, and you may import your birds through customs under our import permit at absolutely NO additional cost (caveat: birds must be shipped to Pat Pitt The Waterfowler Taxidermy, the Approved Facility noted on the hosts' permit, who will process for fee much, much less than others and then ship to any taxidermist in the country for shipping cost only)

NO - Doves are not a mandatory part of this Obregon program. Our program is ducks and brant, but white-winged dove hunting is fantastic and you may optionally beat the bushes for Gambel's and/or Elegant Quail.

YES - Bass fishing is excellent, also an option.

YES - Cinnamon teal, blue-winged teal, Mexican mallards, black brant (and much more) are easily available. Black-bellied whistlers are available but relatively uncommon.

YES - Rates are ALL-INCLUSIVE - everything is included except for the actual ammo that you shoot. Doves, fishing and quail require the extra minimal expenses of licenses and gratuities.

NO - There are no hidden fees or add-ons. ALL-INCLUSIVE means all-inclusive. Stick to the program and you'll need pay only for the ammo you shoot. Add quail, OR doves OR fishing AND gun cleaning AND boot cleaning and it'll be within $100 more. That's it. GetDucks.com is a full-time, full-service agency that specializes in trophy duck hunts and world-wide wingshooting adventures. Our goal to improve your travel enjoyment and offer you the greatest value for your hard-earned dollar. It's not only what we do, it's all we do. Read full package details here (photo galleries and artwork will be finished soon) GetDucks.com Obregon Mexico Brant & Duck Hunting Combo Package Details - and be sure to review the client testimonials

YES - Our Obregon hunts are morning AND afternoon. Groups may choose to have lunch delivered in the blind, or enjoy lunch in the shade, overlooking the sea, complete with wait-staff, open bar and hammocks for post-lunch siesta before returning to hunt. No surprises at GetDucks.com

YES - Your non-hunting spouse is welcome to join if there's room. It's not a resort but she'll enjoy it.

YES - "Canal hunts" are available. They're a lot of fun, a good way to collect duck species, but are NOT part of the standard program! All species are commonly shot over decoys in potholes and estuaries.

YES - Our standard pre-trip assistance includes what-to-bring list, instructions for bird importation, and flight arrangements as requested. As our client you may contact us at anytime before, during or after your hunt. It's what we do.

Any more questions, please call or email us, we're happy to answer.

ramsey
DHC Sponsor

Postby sprigpig1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:33 am

As if pats post didn't make me jealous enough.. :mad: lol great pics and it looks like a great time. One day I will do this trip... And it will be look out brant!! :sniper: nice Gambels as well :thumbsup:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Brant are rapidly becoming one of my favorite species. I can now see why the west coast hunters that target them are so avid about it.

The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby ramsey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

A few more pics, LOTS more HERE http://www.getducks.com/photo-gallery/o ... combo.aspx

Wigeons

(and a surprise vagrant)

Black Brant

Viist our photo gallery to see many, many more photos from Obregon Mexico
ramsey
DHC Sponsor

Postby ramsey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:23 pm

A few more pics, LOTS more HERE http://www.getducks.com/photo-gallery/o ... combo.aspx

Wigeons

(and a surprise vagrant)

Black Brant

Viist our photo gallery to see many, many more photos from Obregon Mexico
ramsey
DHC Sponsor

Return to Taxidermy Forum