My First Three Mounts

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

My First Three Mounts

Postby BottomlandTaxidermy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:55 pm

I just recently did these mounts and they are my first ones. So please don't be afraid to correct me I'm trying to learn taxidermy on my own and from some videos, I can't ask in person advice because there aren't any taxidermist around my neck of the woods. Please don't be afraid to critic I need the help!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
BottomlandTaxidermy
Newb

Re: My First Three Mounts

Postby BottomlandTaxidermy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Sorry I accidentally add the same photo twice here's my third one.
Attachments
image.jpg
BottomlandTaxidermy
Newb

Postby sprigpig1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Not bad at all for your first three birds...the first pic is kinda hard to critique because I can't see it that well. I struggle with pictures too so don't worry lol. Maybe turn the head out if going for a flushing pose.

The dead mount doesn't look too bad at all for your first. Dead mounts in my opinion are hard to pull off without making the bird look like it's dive bombing so to speak. Yours actually has some gravity pulling on some things so you are on the right track. The biggest thing I see is it looks like the wings are either wired to far back or you have the wing wires bent to far.

In the third pic the wings are to far forward and I would rotate his head so he is looking straight. Good job on your first birds.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby timber fever » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:42 pm

dead mount looks awesome imo. no expert or taxidermist so take that for what its worth lol
timber fever
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum