Bad Taxidermy... Can it be Fixed

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Re: Bad Taxidermy... Can it be Fixed

Postby cotinga » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:49 pm

brew,
You seem to be pretty good at casting aspersions at people that you don't know. It doesn't really bother me because I always consider the source, ya know what I mean?

Are you capable of reading my initial response to the OP and considering it objectively or not? I did not ask you what YOU would do---I simply brought up a possible legal ramification---you and others chose to attach an emotional aspect to it.

duxrus wrote:the taxidermist knows his birds are crap

Please tell all of us how you know this to be true? Did you have a personal conversation with the guy?

duxrus wrote:Would be an unwise decesion to sue someone over horrible work.... Period.

If there are a 100 "definitions" of "good" taxidermy the inverse is automatically true. You work to your own personal definition which may or may not align with any other definition. You seem to insist upon bashing other taxidermist work on a public forum who do not fit your personal definition of "good". In many other industries such behavior is considered to be poor form=====unprofessional. If you wish to be viewed that way by all means continue, I won't try to stop you.

You could have said whatever you wanted to about the situation to the OP in a PM to him but instead posted it to a public forum for all to see. You might think that makes you look cool or something but to many people who view what you wrote it has the opposite effect. Thats probably why you don't see someone like say Mike Boyce forum bashing on others work. But you could probably teach Mike a thing or two about business right?

Finally dude give up the argument of comparing taxidermy to anything else. House painting? Really? Do us all a favor and type 'duck taxidermy" into google images. How many pics are 'good" and how many are 'bad'? Guess what---someone paid money for just about all of the ducks pictured, regardless of what you THINK about them. If you cannot grasp that reality then you will remain as part of one of the biggest stumbling blocks to taxidermy in general. The truth is that there is a customer for every level of taxidermy as well as a taxidermist that will fill the demand at every level.
cotinga
hunter

Postby mproffitt57 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Well this post went from Informative to dramatic really quick... Just to clarify... Bob owns the salon and Tom is not happy with his hair cut or his nails, they are not a couple.

I want to start by thanking all of those who took the time to actually help me with my original question and sorry for posting pictures to those who didn't like it.

Thank you very much to the fist 12 or so post that contained the answer to the question I asked. Just so everyone knows the full back story goes like this.... Two buddies recommended the taxi. I had recently moved across the state and was no where near my normal taxidermist. I had seen a mount or two of ducks and was impressed with his feather work on a turkey. The price as you can imagine was a little on the lower side ($175 per bird). I have already expressed my feelings to the taxi and will not be picking the birds up. This lesson is one that is sure to suck for years to come, but everything happens for a reason. Partially my fault of not doing my full research and partially the taxis fault for not doing his best work and or telling me he was incapable of performing the service to the level of quality and pictures I had shown him.

Again I want to thank most of you for your time and effort to respond to my post. You live and you learn, unfortunately this one has cost me a mount that could have been something respectable. But life goes on and well just get them next time!

Thanks!

If I missed any questions please feel free to let me know.
mproffitt57
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 pm

mproffitt57 wrote: Bob owns the salon and Tom is not happy with his hair cut or his nails, they are not a couple.

Hopefully ya know I was joking to lighten the mood, guess I failed. :thumbsup:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby duxrus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 pm

mproffitt57 wrote:Well this post went from Informative to dramatic really quick... Just to clarify... Bob owns the salon and Tom is not happy with his hair cut or his nails, they are not a couple.

I want to start by thanking all of those who took the time to actually help me with my original question and sorry for posting pictures to those who didn't like it.

Thank you very much to the fist 12 or so post that contained the answer to the question I asked. Just so everyone knows the full back story goes like this.... Two buddies recommended the taxi. I had recently moved across the state and was no where near my normal taxidermist. I had seen a mount or two of ducks and was impressed with his feather work on a turkey. The price as you can imagine was a little on the lower side ($175 per bird). I have already expressed my feelings to the taxi and will not be picking the birds up. This lesson is one that is sure to suck for years to come, but everything happens for a reason. Partially my fault of not doing my full research and partially the taxis fault for not doing his best work and or telling me he was incapable of performing the service to the level of quality and pictures I had shown him.

Again I want to thank most of you for your time and effort to respond to my post. You live and you learn, unfortunately this one has cost me a mount that could have been something respectable. But life goes on and well just get them next time!

Thanks!

Sorry for your situation , just curious as to what he responded to your issues with his work ? For 175 you should have gotten something better than teal with 10" necks.
duxrus
hunter

Postby mproffitt57 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 pm

beretta24 wrote:
mproffitt57 wrote: Bob owns the salon and Tom is not happy with his hair cut or his nails, they are not a couple.

Hopefully ya know I was joking to lighten the mood, guess I failed. :thumbsup:

Made me laugh for sure! :thumbsup:
mproffitt57
hunter

Postby mproffitt57 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 pm

duxrus wrote:
mproffitt57 wrote:Well this post went from Informative to dramatic really quick... Just to clarify... Bob owns the salon and Tom is not happy with his hair cut or his nails, they are not a couple.

Thanks!

Sorry for your situation , just curious as to what he responded to your issues with his work ? For 175 you should have gotten something better than teal with 10" necks.

Duxrus - He lowered the price to 300 total. I Just told him I wont be picking them up and that I was very disappointed and bummed. Like I told a few other guys who sent me a PM life goes on and we will get them next year! (maybe) Thanks for the input and help!
mproffitt57
hunter

Postby duxrus » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Hopefully you will get more gwt in the future. If you don't and need replacement birds all you have to do is ask and I will save you three prime ones. Just take them to someone different :tongue:
duxrus
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:23 pm

That's a great offer Brian..
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Taxidermy Forum