In Need of a hen hooded merganser

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

In Need of a hen hooded merganser

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:20 pm

I need a hen I plan on sending a drake and a hen to a taxidermist. Thanks for looking
Last edited by Tryingtaxi on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Re: In Need of a hen hooded merganser

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 am

I might have one in my freezer. Let me look tomorrow and I'll let you know. If I have one, you can have it...just cover the shipping.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:02 am

Very kind of ya Cougar. :thumbsup:
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:24 am

A good idea for those that want a gifted bird is get a FED-EX account so they can be shipped on the recipients account number. The account is free and you get a discounted rate. All you have to do is apply for it. I've sent a lot of birds to people and never got my shipping money back which is why I stopped doing it without someone having an account. Not pointing fingers, just making it easier all the way round. It gets expensive overnighting birds or even second day and you are pushing your luck sending them ground, especially cross country.
Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:36 pm

I have paypal and will pay before you ship them and you can wait however long not in a hurry. I don't want to cheat someone out of their own money for doing me a favor if anyone is to gift me a bird let me know how much shipping will be beforehand. I don't blame you wasting your own money on people would get very annoying and expensive.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Ok. I went and inventoried my freezer. The following birds need new homes. If interested, PM me with a shipping address so I can get a quote for you. Birds will ship after I'm provided a shipping label (as Pat suggested) or I've received Paypal confirmation of funds.

All of these birds have been shot in the last since October 2012. Most are triple bagged in ziplocs.

1 Hen Ruddy
2 Drake Common Goldeneye
10 Drake Harlequin (sprigpig)
32 Drake Pintail (fowlweatherfowler)
3 Drake Surf Scoters
1 Drake Lesser Scaup
10 Hen Hooded Merganser (Tryingtaxi)
Last edited by Cougar125 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Cougar125 wrote:Ok. I went and inventoried my freezer. The following birds need new homes. If interested, PM me with a shipping address so I can get a quote for you. Birds will ship after I'm provided a shipping label (as Pat suggested) or I've received Paypal confirmation of funds.

All of these birds have been shot in the last since October 2012. Most are triple bagged in ziplocs.

1 Hen Ruddy
2 Drake Common Goldeneye
1 Drake Harlequin (sprigpig)
3 Drake Pintail
3 Drake Surf Scoters
1 Drake Lesser Scaup
1 Hen Hooded Merganser (Tryingtaxi)

Thank you . Just curious. how long will a bird last in 3 ziplock?
Last edited by Tryingtaxi on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Tryingtaxi wrote:
Cougar125 wrote:Ok. I went and inventoried my freezer. The following birds need new homes. If interested, PM me with a shipping address so I can get a quote for you. Birds will ship after I'm provided a shipping label (as Pat suggested) or I've received Paypal confirmation of funds.

1 Hen Ruddy
2 Drake Common Goldeneye
1 Drake Harlequin (sprigpig)
3 Drake Pintail
3 Drake Surf Scoters
1 Drake Lesser Scaup
1 Hen Hooded Merganser (Tryingtaxi)

Thank you. me and sprig are harlequin buddy's. right now my harlequin is wrapped up in about 10 bags and 3 ziplocks . Just curious how long will a bird last in 3 ziplock?

I sent some birds to a buddy of mine from 2012/2013 just last month. He said they were in good shape still.
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you
Last edited by Tryingtaxi on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Postby fowlweatherfowler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:03 pm

I'd love a pintail if any of hem have a decent sprig on them. I have a PayPal account or can mail you a check.
fowlweatherfowler
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:10 pm

fowlweatherfowler wrote:I'd love a pintail if any of hem have a decent sprig on them. I have a PayPal account or can mail you a check.

They are all late January birds. PM me your zip code so I can estimate shipping.
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Cougar125 wrote:
fowlweatherfowler wrote:I'd love a pintail if any of hem have a decent sprig on them. I have a PayPal account or can mail you a check.

They are all late January birds. PM me your zip code so I can estimate shipping.

Maybe you should make a new topic for this. If no one claims them which I doubt they will don't toss them I will take something if you have anything left but I would much rather spread them around :biggrin: the only thing I would use another one for is for practicing taxidermy.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Very cool indeed Cougar!

I hope you guys (beyond thanking Cougar) take the time to show your appreciation by letting (at least him) see the finished product.

Not every day a person gifts a harlequin, especially one for the state of Washington with one single bird as its annual limit. Bravo!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Pete-pec wrote:Very cool indeed Cougar!

I hope you guys (beyond thanking Cougar) take the time to show your appreciation by letting (at least him) see the finished product.

Not every day a person gifts a harlequin, especially one for the state of Washington with one single bird as its annual limit. Bravo!

Already showed him the reference something like this http://www.google.com/imgres?safe=activ ... JkBEIQcMCo
. Will be going to a very good taxidermist sadly he is not a sponsor of the site. I would like to see how that harlequin turns out sprig!
Last edited by Tryingtaxi on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Postby fowlweatherfowler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:47 pm

That is one thing out of all the birds I have gifted was I asked for a picture of the completed bird. Sad thing is out of the 50 or so I have gifted I have only seen a few of them done. I just keep note of that stuff and when I go to do it again I just do not respond to them. Makes you wonder what happens to them, I just hate to see a really nice late season bird get cut up. I thank anyone who gifts birds as I know it does take so time to get things together to ship them.
fowlweatherfowler
hunter

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 pm

fowlweatherfowler wrote:That is one thing out of all the birds I have gifted was I asked for a picture of the completed bird. Sad thing is out of the 50 or so I have gifted I have only seen a few of them done. I just keep note of that stuff and when I go to do it again I just do not respond to them. Makes you wonder what happens to them, I just hate to see a really nice late season bird get cut up. I thank anyone who gifts birds as I know it does take so time to get things together to ship them.

I am very grateful cougar gave me this bird I am looking for a spot for the habitat in my bedroom :biggrin:
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Postby The Waterfowler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Tryingtaxi wrote:I have paypal and will pay before you ship them and you can wait however long not in a hurry. I don't want to cheat someone out of their own money for doing me a favor if anyone is to gift me a bird let me know how much shipping will be beforehand. I don't blame you wasting your own money on people would get very annoying and expensive.

I find it easier to have someone give me their Fed-Ex account number instead of me having to guesstimate shipping as I can send it the same day with no waiting. And if you make any money on shipping it can be construed as profiting from migratory waterfowl. I for one don't use Paypal, just another thing to keep up with. and as I said the Fed-Ex account is free and I use it a lot when traveling if I need to ship habitat, clothes, ammo or specimens to my home or destination.
Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Tryingtaxi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:13 pm

The Waterfowler wrote:
Tryingtaxi wrote:I have paypal and will pay before you ship them and you can wait however long not in a hurry. I don't want to cheat someone out of their own money for doing me a favor if anyone is to gift me a bird let me know how much shipping will be beforehand. I don't blame you wasting your own money on people would get very annoying and expensive.

I find it easier to have someone give me their Fed-Ex account number instead of me having to guesstimate shipping as I can send it the same day with no waiting. And if you make any money on shipping it can be construed as profiting from migratory waterfowl. I for one don't use Paypal, just another thing to keep up with. and as I said the Fed-Ex account is free and I use it a lot when traveling if I need to ship habitat, clothes, ammo or specimens to my home or destination.

I don't want to do anything illegal so I will make one It is a very good idea . I was busy today but next time definitely. Thanks for the information.
Tryingtaxi
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum