eurasion widgeon

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

eurasion widgeon

Postby mallard molester » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:57 pm

my dad shot a drake eurasion wigeon last weekend I kind of regret plucking and eating it but if we shoot another are they worth having mounted? has anyone mounted one before?
mallard molester
hunter

Postby side-slippin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:24 am

not sure if you want to hear this, but you probably wont see another one for ummm... lets say "every"! even though they are being shot more frequently in the past couple of years, they are still pretty rare!! i would say that you definately messed that one up bud. :eek:
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:17 am

You said what. :toss: :headbang:

Just kidding but seriously I have seen pictures of some by past members but propably only 2 or 3. Pretty rare bird by my standards, if you shoot another one I would deffinately not eat it.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby mallard molester » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:39 pm

I saw one flying the other day
and some guys crippled one while I was out hunting yesterday and I retrieved it (they were to lazy to start there boat and finish the job)
mallard molester
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Why dont you post a pic of one for us. :thumbsup:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby montana quackhead » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:55 pm

Like all the other boys said, What?? He better have been damn good! Anyone know what a female Eurasian looks like??
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby mallard molester » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:45 pm

yep it looks almost Identical to a hen wigeon
mallard molester
hunter

Postby joed617 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:39 pm

My dad shot one a few years ago at the time it was only the 7th ever reported to D.U. shot in America. He has a standing mount and it looks great with the nice red head on it. I'll post a pic later and man how could you eat that duck man wow shoulda looked it up first atleast!
joed617
Newb

Postby firebird » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Washington, Oregon and even California shoot quite afew of them. The ducks unlimited dvd series even have an episode where some guys kill one in California on the Gallo farm. I've mounted one that was very lost and got killed here in Utah...
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Eurasian

Postby The Waterfowler » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:46 pm

I mounted one from the Gallo Farm and it was a nice bird. They are never a dime a dozen in the states. I killed one in Texas years ago.
Helping waterfowl make bad decisions since 1961.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Waterfowler
hunter

Postby Rudso » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Wow, I hope he was damn tasty. Thats my dream bird, last season there was at least one shot every week during our last month here in California. I hope they continue to show up more and more here in California. I'm thinking if I don't get one in my years to come, I'll take a waterfowl hunting trip to a place that has a good number of them. I'm only 21 so I still have a lot of time to get one. Hope you get another one and mount him. :thumbsup:
DU
CWA
Rudso
hunter

Postby japrxfan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:50 pm

my dad shot one around 92 in washington. he has it mounted. i also have a friend that shot one in california and the taxidermist lost his business due to legal issues. the bird was never finished.
why is it every time i go into the woods i feel the need to cut down a tree?
japrxfan
hunter

Postby Adjhunt » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:21 am

I've never shot one but where I hunt there was about 6 taken this hunting season. I've never even seen one out hunting(that I know of) But I did have one in My back yard a few years ago!!!! Here's a pic!

Adjhunt
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum