Can't Remember Nor Cal Taxidermist Name?!

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Can't Remember Nor Cal Taxidermist Name?!

Postby Jonny Rocket » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:49 pm

About 12 years ago I had a pintail taxidermied by a gentlemen in the Chester, California area and for the life of me I cannot remember his name. :huh: I am pretty sure his first name was Jim. At that time he was someting like the Western US Champion taxidermist. I have a Golden Eye that I shot this weekend and wanted to get it mounted. He did such an amazing job I wanted him to do this bird.

Ring any bells out there with anyone? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jonny Rocket
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 pm

If you go to taxidermy.net, click on taxidermists, then look at the State of California, you may find who you are looking for. I looked briefly, but to no avail. I did find a few bird taxidermists out there, so you should at least find someone who could do a quality specimen.

Good luck,

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby firebird » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Any chance you are asking about Jim Mariarro? He's been in N. Cal for probably 35 years and used to win every show he went to. Now the diver season is over I'll bet he's back in his shop...
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum