Basic tools

A forum to discuss taxidermy techniques and mounts.

Moderators: Pete-pec, sprigpig1

Basic tools

Postby Redneck_Rebel » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:43 pm

I am very new to taxidermy. I am 16 years old and want to learn now so i can start my career. This is my dream.

What do i need to get to start mounting mostly birds. If it is possible i need a list and where you can get it. thanks
Redneck_Rebel
Newb

Postby DomC » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Look at VanDykes, That starter kits and pro. kits am sure you'll find every thing you'll need here. Good luck.

http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/
DomC
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:40 pm

I know this is your first post, and for that, Welcome. Now do yourself a favor and read the archives, and not only will you find the list that has been covered several times, but you'll find information from several posts and viewpoints on all types of subjects. You can also go to taxidermy.net, and find all types of info there as well. I would start at the beginners forum, and work my way to the bird forum, where there is more subject matter intended for the person who has already took the plunge and mounted a bird or two. :biggrin:

Good luck on your career, :rofl:

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

New Guy

Postby SGM-DKHNTR » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Vandykes or WASCO has some good videos. Recommend you start with that. Take good notes while watching for all the stuff you're going to need to get. Then get ready to dig deep for all the money you're getting ready to spend.

Good luck.
"I see dead birds flying"
SGM-DKHNTR
hunter

Return to Taxidermy Forum