DECOYING SNOWS

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

DECOYING SNOWS

Postby sonny25 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:06 pm

I JUST GOT 3 DOZ SNOW DECOYS NEVER HUNTED SNOWS IS THERE ANY HINT THAT YOU GUYS COULD GIVE I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF 3 DOZ IS A GOOD # OR NOT ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
sonny25
hunter

Postby Sorensen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:51 pm

Wow three dozen could be a little tough to hunt with, but it can be done. I would also try to add some rags, it is an easy way to get a big spread for cheap. Good Luck.
Sorensen
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:33 pm

Here is a little tip to make your spread look bigger too. Make sure all your decoys are spread out, the father apart they are the bigger your spread is going to look.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:23 am

Get ya sum rags...around $30 per hundred without dowels...maybe a flapper flag...finish off decoying birds with a Canada call, they seem ta like that :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:26 am

IMO rags are not worth the time and effort being such a short life span before they asre trashed. On the other hand, wind socks are made from Tyvek and hold up MUCH better. I dislike the North Wind brand due to the way they set them up (poor quality, not durable enough), rather do a google and get some customs socks with a 3/16" dia alum 2' L. stake with a 1/2" bent around 180 degrees at top, grometted top and bottom through the plastic collar, go headless initially. Go 50/50 on the snows to blues ratio if MS rlyway (either coast go all white). About $400 per 100.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum