What should I add to my spread?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

What should I add to my spread?

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:55 pm

Ok here is the deal I sold my savage .223 for $400 and im thinking I can sell some more things so i will have about $500 to add decoys to my snow goose spread. What do you guys think I should buy with the money? I was thinking about some ghg fullbodys, but they are a little too expensive for snow goose decoys. I was thinking about getting their shells and put them on motion stakes or just buying a bunch of windsocks. Or maybe some hidgon stackables. What do you guys think I should get with it?
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:28 pm

silos??? numbers and realism
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:35 am

Silo socks. Great for snows. Not a big fan of regular silos for snows due to the way the tend to approach a spread. I bought 6 doz of the silosocks and will be adding more. Lightweight, great motion, look good in zero wind. Not super expensive either. Just as cheap or cheaper than regular decoys.

If you have your heart set on shells get some G&H snows. The stake they have with them gives them the appearance of moving fullbodies from the snow geese's usual angle of approach. Couple of my buddies swear by the g&H shells. He thinks the motion the stake gives em drives the snows crazy.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby BlueGooseTN » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:21 am

I got some Green Head Gear Blue Goose Shells and put them on the motion stakes, they look awsome.. I would get some Full Body Snows And Blues, they are totally awsome !!

Seen alot of snows this morning, couldn't bring them down to my duck/speck spread tho...
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:59 pm

You make get more bang for the $ with shells on motion stakes, but the FB BigFoots and GHg are awfully nice-but you need a trailer at that point to haul them.
As mentioned, Silosocks are a viable option-- The Nodak Outdoor store (sponsor) here sells them too. :thumbsup:
And custom socks, like Jim Jones (Prairiewinddecoys.com) are great too.

I'd keep away from the NW brand socks and TX rags, because of the cheap quality from my experience.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum