how has the hunting been in missouri

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Re: how has the hunting been in missouri

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:50 am

They're doing really well all over Missouri - juvies everywhere from what I'm told from 3 separate guides.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby TomKat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:55 am

Pretty good right now in NE KS, too right now :thumbsup:
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby i_willie12 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:48 am

Snow geese have left Mid MO fast here this weekend!!!!!! Swan lake lost about 300K Grand Pass lost about 80% of there birds
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby BlackDuck09 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Man thats bad news. Me and a group of guys are gonna try to make it over to SEMO this thursday the 10th thru the 13th and try to kill a few. Word is that there are still a few birds in the area "mostly juvies" and Ive also heard that NE Arkansas is still holding a decent number of birds. Is there any truth to this?
BlackDuck09
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:34 pm

A few friends and I hunted near Mound City, MO this weekend. The bird numbers were excellent. The guides and service on the part of the guides was not. We hunted 3 week old spreads of silo socks which the geese just flew over to go to other spreads. Others in the area were getting plenty of shooting, but this guide service was running 8 fields and I do not think any of his fields were getting shooting. The guides kept talking about other fields of the outfitters getting 12-30 birds but in the 3 fields we hunted with them we had 3 singles come in range and killed all 3. It was not a good experience from a hunting standpoint at all, but we enjoyed getting together and going on a road trip. Be careful of who you trust in the snow goose world. Sorry for the long post, but I had to vent.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:55 am

Sorry to hear that...hunted with my Dad who I think is addicted now to spring snows. Wound up shooting 2 and didn't even have to pay a guide. Very small numbers in Central MO, I'm going to have head north this weekend if I want to hunt.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Previous

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum