New Snow Chaser

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

New Snow Chaser

Postby labman45 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:04 am

I am new to snow goose hunting but not new to canadian goose hunting. Could someone tell me what their favorite snow goose spread is for the spring. And can i get by with 200 field rags?
labman45
hunter

Postby labman45 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:45 am

do i need a snow goose flag?
labman45
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:04 pm

Yes you can use that many, as I often use far less-but of high end quality. A flag does help at times.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BlueGooseTN » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:28 pm

Snow Goose numbers on the rise, oppurtunities to harvest "Spring Geese".

You dont have to have huge decoy spreads to hunt these geese. I normally run a spread of 300 Snow Goose "Northwind Wind Socks", I hand painted 150 of them to Blues. This past year, has totally changed how alot of snow goose crazies hunt. The Greenn Head Gear Fullbody Snows And Blues are awsome quality decoys. I have 1 dozen snows, and 2 dozen blues. I try to pile them around the Finisher Blinds.

I normally really dont start chasing the snows unitl SGCO. But we have gone out just with a dozen or so Northwinds, and the GHGs, and had some good hunts. But the bigger your spread is means you have to put it all out and pck it back up.

With 200 rags that will be fine, you may want to add a few shells ( GHG makes good lookin shells) just so the geese have more to look at. A Couple of flags would be good also. If your state regulations, have a Conservation Order, you may can also use and E-caller. I always use one during the SGCO. but during regular season a simple call gets the job done.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.
WPS!
BlueGooseTN
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum