Issues with Banded Gander Guides, Mount City, MO

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Issues with Banded Gander Guides, Mount City, MO

Postby knockemdead » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Recently hunted in Mound City area and thought I'd share this about our experience: The geese were many and the kills were fair. However, from the get-go, the guides were unprofessional and untrustworthy. They were paid in full and accused us of shorting them $200.00. They promised us fields to hunt that we were never able to hunt. They accused us of hiding a goose band when we never shot one. We reserved private hunts with our own party and they brought along other several hunters. We paid good money and thought we were hiring reputable and professional guides, but ended up having a bad experience with them. After all the issues, no one offered apologies or to make good on their screw-up. We tried to reach the owner several times, but he would not return any calls. I would not recommend this guide service to anyone.
knockemdead
Newb

Re: Issues with Banded Gander Guides, Mount City, MO

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Post this in the MO site.

Seems to be more and more of this happening. Everyone thinks they can be a snow goose guide cause they throw out some decoys in a corn field and charge someone $200 to sit there. They come in when the geese come in then move on up the flyway. MOst of them run under and different name every year so no one knows who anyone is. There are some many snow guides out there that pop up every year about January!!!! :no: :no:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby orange legs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 am

How many people were in your group? Alot of guides will combine smaller groups to make a good sized group. And some get absolutely ridiculous and make groups of 10 or more clients PLUS the guide and helpers. If you were promised your own field, you should have got it.
There's nothing better than your son's first word being geese!!!
Upper Red Rock Committee Chairman DU
Buck Gardner Calls Field Staff
Dakota Decoys Staff
orange legs
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 am

Sounds like several problems this year with guide services in NWMO...
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby JinAK » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:41 am

Man that sucks. My goup of 4 just got back hunting this past weekend with Kyle and the boys from Banded Gandr. We had an awesome time. Yeah we didnt have any bang up 100 bird days but not many people did this year. We hunted Fri, Sat and Sunday and shot 25, 40 and 28 birds plus a bonus banded Ross as the very LAST bird of the hunt. Kind of crazy. Anyway Kyle seemed great with me. He called everynight to BS about the days hunt and what the plan was for the next day. Mitch and Tyler ( his two guides) seemed to know their stuff and hunted as hard and as long as we wanted. Yes we did get paired up with another group for a day and a half but that is because i we didnt feel like buying the other two blinds to secure the field. Maybe this is where your 200 dollar mix up came from. This was my first snow hunt in Mound City and was a little nervous about choosing a guide with all the yahoo's up there but I will rest easy now and will def be looking to head back with banded gandr next year. Great time and a great hunt. :beer:
JinAK
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:53 pm

We had a really bad experience this past weekend with a "Local" guide service in Mound. I will not be going back with the group we were with. It really sucks that these guys think they can call themselves guides, take honest peoples money, and be all around jerks during the whole process.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:17 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:Sounds like several problems this year with guide services in NWMO...

Isn't that the truth - there is SO MANY guides around there now it's just crazy. Always a safe bet to go with the "old timers" of the area, we have some of them as sponsors here and I'm glad we have the reputable ones.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum