what realy works?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

what realy works?

Postby newduckhunter » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:04 pm

i am new to duck hunting and heard that the best late season decoy spread to have it goose decoys. i need a last minute idea on home made goose decoys snow/cannadean does not matter thanx for your help
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby TXwaterfowler » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:58 am

I always put goose decoys in my spread just i keep the ducks and geese seperated. I dont know any homemade decoy solutions but I've noticed that Wal-Mart has most of there hunting stuff on Clearence.Probaly be cheaper to do that .
TXwaterfowler
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:30 pm

One thing we did a few years ago was put milk jugs out in the field with some black paint on the edges to look like snows, not sure how well it worked but we killed a few like that. :salude: :salude: :salude:
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:48 am

Sorry but there is not a n easy solution as often homemade takes times to make and it sounds like you are in a hurry.

The easiest is to make silos using corraplast (plastic cardboard). Or to use Texas rags and add the dowels, etc...Another option is tyvek windsocks, but it is easier to buy them at Knutsons for about $2 a piece IMO.

I do recomend matching the species to the field, meaning if Snows and ducks are using the field, then use the same, ir Honker sna ducks are using it, use that to match what they are used to.

If going the Honker route, get the good quality ones, if it is RG silos, or FBs, but good quality lasts and fools the honkers much better than lessor quality does.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby newduckhunter » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:26 pm

i ended up puting small garbeg sacks with black marker spots on it set on a stick and that worked thanx for your input
newduckhunter
hunter

Postby GooseHunter14 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:07 pm

Best way we have found is find them on a pond and jump shot them in the mornings. we are up to 400 this year.
GooseHunter14
hunter

home made siloetes

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:50 pm

you may take insulfoam and a knife and cut out a traced snow goose and use small diameter for a stand so on the light or no wind days you may add realism to spred with out spending much
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum