spread?????

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

spread?????

Postby Big_Bubba » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:39 pm

just started my own stash this year :mrgreen: i have 6GHG fullbody snows, 200snows texas rags. and i was wondering that all that white and no white&black(blues) will the birds still decoy. if u think about it thats sort of unnatural. so should i add 200 of my canadian rags. what do u guys think is best? :help:
870 AkA the Pipe Bomb
Big_Bubba
Newb

Postby goosedowner » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:36 am

It is better if you mix them up but we have out about 400 and are going to set out 200 more and most of them are just snows. All except about 50 that are blues and canadian rags. They will still come in with just white but it is better to mix it up. Hope you have good luck we have shot a few the geese have been here for about 2 months so they know what is up. We really need to get some new birds. :salude:
Fire Up The Grill Cuz Deer Huntin Aint Catch & Release

Confucuis Say, "He who Hunt Good...Eat Good"
goosedowner
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 am

Why not just add Blue Rags VS the honker Rags? Considering how cheap they are, a 100 Blues surely would not bust the bank account.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Decoying snows..

Postby Honkers41 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:36 pm

Dude....do what i did....i got 5oo decoys..i was'nt about to spend more money...so i got some gray spray paint and did alil painting on some of my decoys.....maybe do 50 or so.....and yes you can paint socks also....saved me money...and gave the spread a different look..some say...if adult snows don't see jevies....they won't commit..but i have had jevies come into nothing but adults...so who knows....Honkers....
Honkers41
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum