Snow goose calls

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Snow goose calls

Postby RBurg44 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:17 am

Just gettin into snow goose hunting this season what are some pointers in callin example "wha-hut" for canadas or whick" for mallards what to make for snows? Thanks
2013-14 Season

Canadas -
Snows -
Mallards -
Ring-Necks -
Woodies -
Blacks -
Buffleheads -
RBurg44
hunter

Re: Snow goose calls

Postby SQUAWKnemi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 am

We rock ecallers in pa come the conservation season which is when we hunt them the most.. Id love to learn how to call too tho. someone help!!
Some QUack And We Kill
SQUAWKnemi
hunter

Re: Snow goose calls

Postby Nick Roehl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:15 pm

I use a RedBone Buzzerd snow call. I use the words "Ike" for the high bark and "Aww" for lower using straight air. Use them in combination to get the sound you usually hear from single snows or small flocks.
For the feeder I use "Ga-ga ga-ga-ga ga-ga" in different patterns. This is hot air from the gut. I also use a ground bark that is low pitched and I say the word "Waa" and stretch it out a bit.

Normally I don't go crazy with all the high pitched stuff like you see most guys doing. I want to sound like birds on the ground so I will use high bark to get attention and then move to ground talk with the "Waa wa-wa" and "Ga-ga ga-ga-ga" mixed together in no certain order. Snows when circling will key in on the feeder. Some days that is all I use.
Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signature.

https://www.facebook.com/FlywayMedia
Please Like It! :-)
Nick Roehl
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum