Any of you having your Snow decoys turning yellow?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Any of you having your Snow decoys turning yellow?

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:37 pm

It seems a couple of guys have reported that their Avery GHG Snows Full Bodies are turning yellow when left out in the sun light after a few months time.

Avery is looking into this if it was just a bad batch of paint, or if it is widespread problem.

So if you have some of these yellowish decoys that have turned from pure white to a yellowish hue, please go to this link and contact Greg Owens.

http://forum.averyoutdoors.com/showthread.php?t=16142
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GooseHunter14 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:49 pm

No but the avery canadians are about junk the foot base's crack and break. Avery decoy's are really going down hill they just don't make them like they use to.
GooseHunter14
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:07 pm

I am quite aware of it.

I have had another site owner and dealer for GHG 3 months ago acuse me of dragging my GHG Honker decoys down a road. :eek: They were used for a 1 week trip to Canada, base broke, and the tails the paint was rubbing off. He called me a liar-not a good situation. He just banned me from his site earlier today for posting a factual email that did he did not want folks to read. Not a good person at all. :thumbsdown: If you want to read it-go the Honker hunting forum here.

Anyway, I returned them to Cabelas and got my $ back. Word to the wise--ALWAYS keep your receipt, buy from a good retailer like Cabela's that will indeed refund your $ if you are not happy.
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:57 pm

Apparently some people cannot take criticism. A shame they decided to boot you.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:43 am

The Avery forum is a joke. As long as you praise them everything is ok, but any little criticism and 5 "pro-staffers" jump all over you with "how great of a product they have."
My buddy has some ghg snows and they are yellow. At first he thought it was his eyes playing tricks on him, but next to everything else in the field they are most definately yellow.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:02 am

Cris,

Are they Full Bodies? Only some FBs are going from white to yellow based upon preliminary indications.

Or are they shells or floaters from a couple of years ago? As they were actually painted an offwhite/yellowish hue. Supposedly according to Tom Matthews, the next ones will be pure white. Anyways--these are not the ones in question at all-only FBs are in question.

As for the PS, there just are way too many of them, and they do not understand business. The appearances of the arrogant PS has hurt GHG as much as their decoy quility control problems have.

But having said that, I know in the last year the employees have been really trying to control their PS words. Meaning they are now instructed to never talk down too folks and aviod an argument. A couple PS did earlier in the week, and the PS that did so were publically admonish by Bill Cooksey for it. I guess what I am trying to say is they are trying to make changes, so at least give them credit for that. And they are taking the yellowing problem very serioiusly, and are investigating it and being quite forthful about it if you asked me.

To be honest, I have been one of the biggest pains to their side on the internet over the years. I have taken them to task several times on the Avery site in the last 6 months and they have not banned me. But I was not bashing them either--meaning no name calling, etc... And I was offering solutions to problems they were having. That being said, I think they are improving, and thus I am backing way off in how I word my posts compared to 2 years ago. I feel credit should be given to where credit is do, and like I said, they are improving not just their products, but also their PR, etc..
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum