E-Caller

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

E-Caller

Postby ryangar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:49 pm

This may sound like a dumb question but has any of you guys ever used downloads from an I-Pod? My 2 boys have an opertunity to hunt a refuge that is normally closed to hunting this Feb in our snow goose spring hunt. The refuge is only opening it up to youth hunters. Im not a huge snow goose hunter and really cant afford a new e-caller. My oldest son found alot of free downloads on his I-pod touch but it just doesn't seem loud enough, dont know if I would need a amp or something like that.

Thanks for any help guys, want to make this the best I can for the kids!!

RG
ryangar
hunter

Re: E-Caller

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:59 pm

It won't be loud enough. You can build your own ecaller for pretty cheap. Or you can buy a GooseGetter or a Squawk Box...the cheaper units, and then sell it when you're done. You'll get close to what you paid for them.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby SQUAWKnemi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:01 pm

I made my own ecaller since were broke especially after spending a ton of money of canada and duck seasons... We have 6 speakers hooked to a car stereo mounted in a plastic tool box with a 12 v battery hooked up to it. I than downloaded 4 snow goose tracks online, put them on my ipod, hooked it up to the stereo and just let it run. I can get plans and pics but youll have to wait till sunday since im at school all week.
Some QUack And We Kill
SQUAWKnemi
hunter

Postby Honkers41 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:40 pm

I build an e-caller 3 years ago and used a car radio, but my lab ended up shaking water all over it and shorted it out.so i now use ipods and mp3 players...3 just in case....i'm useing a 200 watt amp and power horns from radio shack....just useing mp3 or ipods are not going to give you the volume that you need...trying going to Radio shack and getting one of those little mp3 amps that you can get...they don't cost alot....and they hook right into your players...hope i helped...Honkers41
GUNS~UP~FEATHERS~DOWN~!
Love My Mossbergs!!
Honkers41
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum