I have a problem, need advice.

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

I have a problem, need advice.

Postby MossyMallard12 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 am

I'm a duck hunter and I'm getting into the Snow geese and Canada's. I'm in Southwest Iowa and going to hunt Spring snow goose with electric calls. I'm 14 and I'm stripped for cash. I'm saving milk jugs and I'm going to buy 150 Texas rags. I need more decoys. Does anyone know where I can get cheap full bodies, rags,socks, ANYTHING to get more decoys in my spread! :help: :help:
Chillin', Killin', Grillin'!
MossyMallard12
hunter

Re: I have a problem, need advice.

Postby orange legs » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Pm sent
There's nothing better than your son's first word being geese!!!
Upper Red Rock Committee Chairman DU
Buck Gardner Calls Field Staff
Dakota Decoys Staff
orange legs
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:32 pm

MossyMallard12 wrote:I'm a duck hunter and I'm getting into the Snow geese and Canada's. I'm in Southwest Iowa and going to hunt Spring snow goose with electric calls. I'm 14 and I'm stripped for cash. I'm saving milk jugs and I'm going to buy 150 Texas rags. I need more decoys. Does anyone know where I can get cheap full bodies, rags,socks, ANYTHING to get more decoys in my spread! :help: :help:

150 texas rags will get the job done if you are on the x. Scout, scout and scout for where the birds are and what field they are feeding in and want to be in. I often hunt alone with 100 to 200 windsocks and pull down birds if I am where I want the birds to be. If you hunt from a layout blind, stubble that thing in to where you can barely see out of it and stubble it in even more. For cheap decoys, check out craigslist, you might be suprised at what you can find on there. I personally feel that motion is key to having rags and windsocks bouncing around to make them look like a feeding flock. You might be able to find some used and abused duck decoys that you can spray paint into snow goose floaters. For some fullbodies, might check out this company for some unpainted fullbodies and paint them yourself.

http://thedecoyfactory.com/Price%20List.html

And welcome to the addiction. Once you get that first white tornado over top of you, it becomes very addicting.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby MossyMallard12 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:46 am

Me and my dad where looking at that sight.
Chillin', Killin', Grillin'!
MossyMallard12
hunter

Postby handyandy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:44 am

Don't know if you would want to but I live in central missouri and I'm always looking for people to snow goose hunt with I have about 27 snow goose shells most of which I have field stakes they can move on a e caller and what not I don't mind making a drive for a weekend hunt. I always like hunting new places and I have most of the stuff for snows if your interested let me know. By the way it is addicting and it will make you angry some days when you spend a night moving decoys and the birds want nothing to do with you but the good days make up for it.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum