Makin dekes, and canada spreads

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Makin dekes, and canada spreads

Postby gandergunner » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:55 pm

ok so me and my buddy would like to decoy snow, we are in pa but no one decoys them around us, mostly pass shooting and sneaking. we run ghg ffd canadas for, well canadas, and we have 36 sillo socks, and bout 45 snow shells. We were looking to make our own sillo socks, but was wondering what was the best way to do it? we saw a plce that sells these? how would they do?
http://www.arksafety.com/productDetails ... LineId=443
could they be wide enought for sillio socks? How would the best way to do a canada / snow spread because we have shot snows off of canada spreads in canada season, but never in snow season? any help would really be appreciated. Thanks
gandergunner
hunter

Re: Makin dekes, and canada spreads

Postby alanwebfoot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 am

google dupont tyveck [spelling?] toughest stuff on the planet it comes in white and can be easily sewn up ,,lots of cutting out ,,foam heads,or campaign sign plastic,, no.9 wire for stakes,a bit of spray paint for the wings and your set.You should be able to produce at least 3 dozen in a day.If 2 of you are working at it steadily.Make a pattern out of cardboard roll out your tyveck and get to cutting.
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 am

I have heard of guys using those sleeves with some success. You could also pick up some goose gloves for your canadas or put white heads on them to emulate blue geese (if you have them in your area)
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby gandergunner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:57 pm

ok, yes we would have 2 people working on it and i will look up that stuff, thanks for the help.
gandergunner
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum