Snow goose calls...can you recommend one?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Snow goose calls...can you recommend one?

Postby xxDuckWildxx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi guys, pretty new to snow goose hunting and I need some advice. I have a Sean Mann White Out short reed call, but after awhile of calling it starts to stick. It also doesn't seem very loud. Looking for a good backup (or new primary!) snow call to use when the White Out starts to lock up. Thanks for the advice!
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"-Thomas Jefferson
xxDuckWildxx
hunter

Re: Snow goose calls...can you recommend one?

Postby orange legs » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:39 am

Try Buck Gardners Snow Hammer. Loud and easy to use. I've used it in about every condition.
There's nothing better than your son's first word being geese!!!
Upper Red Rock Committee Chairman DU
Buck Gardner Calls Field Staff
Dakota Decoys Staff
orange legs
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

I have a Foiles Tundra Saver - I do like it but after the Foiles scandal I'm looking for another...

My next call will be a Redbone it's looking like.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby xxDuckWildxx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks for the responses guys... I hadn't heard of the snow hammer before, but it looks like a decent call. In the same price range is the quackhead tundra stomp. Anybody have any experience with it? I had a quackhead duck call as a backup which sounded good until I donated the stopper to the marsh...Chris, I hear ya on the Foiles thing. It's ashame if its all true, unfortunately I know of a lot of guys who do not abide by the bag limits. It seems worse when it's a so-called professional. They are what the non-hunting demographic looks at to get their idea of what hunters are all about and what they stand for. I guess we should have known when he came out with the video "1 over the limit"!
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical"-Thomas Jefferson
xxDuckWildxx
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Anyone else try the Buck? I like his duck calls, but the workin man goose was not a good call for me.... I bought a cheap HS Slammer Snow and a Lohman Snow and Blue. They are like any other cheap call...okay...but not what I want. After dropping another $140 on a Canada call, my wife would kill me if I drop a lot on a snow call.... Any other cheaper ($40-$60) but good calls for a starter out there?
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby xxDuckWildxx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Like I said, the Sean Mann White Out Express is $59 and I really sounds great and is easy to blow, mine just seems to get locked up with moisture for some reason. Maybe they're not all that way?
xxDuckWildxx
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks for the info...I'll give it a shot. I hope Bass Pro carries it. Does anyone have recommendations for snow goose calling cd's? I know they don't sound like Canadas!!! Those high pitched barks should be easy, but the vocabulary is different...
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum