Ideas for homemade rags?

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Ideas for homemade rags?

Postby Blackfoot down » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Guys,
Looking for some help... I use to go to the Bootheel and snow goose hunt by jump shooting from ditches and levees. I may get a chance to go back this year after about 5 years of not being able to go. Only problem is I may only have one propertyto hunt. It is half corn stubble and half rice paddy. I would be stuck only being able to use this property so jump shooting is not much of an option. I am going to have to come up with a spread. I only have a dozen snow shells from starting a spread years ago. I need to add a couple hundred deeks fast and really cheap... Does anyone have any good ideas that they have used? I have heard of Wal Mart bags on wooden dowels, but...I think that sounds iffy...
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Re: Ideas for homemade rags?

Postby rosco365 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Plastic strapping and tyvek (50yds) and a heavy duty stapler (made 200) leather pnch.
Just cut 22" squares roll up strapping and staple it. Punch a hole drop in rod use zip ties
rosco365
Newb

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 am

Blackfoot down wrote:Guys,
Looking for some help... I use to go to the Bootheel and snow goose hunt by jump shooting from ditches and levees. I may get a chance to go back this year after about 5 years of not being able to go. Only problem is I may only have one propertyto hunt. It is half corn stubble and half rice paddy. I would be stuck only being able to use this property so jump shooting is not much of an option. I am going to have to come up with a spread. I only have a dozen snow shells from starting a spread years ago. I need to add a couple hundred deeks fast and really cheap... Does anyone have any good ideas that they have used? I have heard of Wal Mart bags on wooden dowels, but...I think that sounds iffy...

There are a lot of people selling snow goose stuff on craigslist right now in our area, check southern illinois, stlouis etc. Some is going pretty cheap. Might be the way to go in a hurry!
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Web21 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

You could also try the tyvek sleeves.
Web21
Newb

Postby Blackfoot down » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Any ideas on where to buy Tyvek rolls/sleeves? I asked at Lowe's if they sold Tyvek and the guy looked like I just asked to mate with his dog!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum