My E caller (home built)

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

My E caller (home built)

Postby takem7 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:44 am

Ok first off I am a do it yourselfer but, I do not hunt snows. So why did I build a E caller? For fun really and I may try it on yotes. I do have some snow deekes but only like 170. 100 of them are rags that my friend has and the other 70 we went halves on and they are sillo socks with the 3d active heads which were really cheap so i couldnt not buy them. I really dont have the extra dough for a few more hundred sillos and I havnt had any success over rags. but enough with the delay here she is, I am running a 2 channel 200 watt boss riot amp. The amp has plenty of power and then some to run the 50 watt pyle power horns. I plugged both of them into the same channel and it still had enough power to over power them. Im not sure if it would make a difference having four Power horns hooked up to the amp I only have the two. The battery is a 12v out of a kids car like a princess power wheels the case I got for christmas and I think is a pistol case.

when in doubt empty the magazine
takem7
hunter

Re: My E caller (home built)

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:28 am

If your amp is rated 4 ohm stable, and your speakers are rated at 8 ohm, you can parallel 2 speakers per channel with no issues.
Nice job on your first build.
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby takem7 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:27 pm

It says its rated down to 2 ohm stable but what I dont get is at 2 ohm it is supposed to be rated at 100 watts per channel but at 8 ohm (from what I read) it should only produce 25 watts per channel. I wouldnt think that it would be able to run the horns very well with only 25 watts, but it does so oh well.
takem7
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 pm

What kinda money did you throw into your setup and where did you find your parts? That looks pretty damn solid.
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby takem7 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 am

Boss Amp-$35 amazon.com
Pyle 50 watt Power Horn-$15 ea. amazon.om
Led switch-$5 Walmart

The battery was free from an old power wheels car, the speaker jacks were off an old stereo, the box was a christmas gift I beleive it is a pistol carrying case, the steel strap to hold down the battery was free but a peice of banding that they use in manufacturing to strap stuff to a pallet would work. If you need any thing else feel free to ask. I chose the amp I did beause it had no bad reviews and alot of other off brand amps had equal amount of good review vs bad
takem7
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Takem,
That is awesome....Song dogs beware!!!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum