Be Warned about Crazyduck Outfitters(Kris Travis)

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Be Warned about Crazyduck Outfitters(Kris Travis)

Postby Moose24 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Just want to give my recent bad experience with Crazyduck Outfitters owned by Kris Travis.

I paid a $450 deposit for a guided snow goose hunt on 2/20/2012 and 2/21/2012. The night before the hunt, after my group had made a 6 hour drive to the hunt area, the guide(Kris Travis) called to tell me there were no birds and that if he found some he would call but he would not charge me if there were no birds. I called him back to say we were canceling our 2 day hunt due to the fact of no birds and we didn't feel like wasting time sitting in the hotel room waiting on him to call. He said that was fine and he said I would receive my $450 deposit back. He said to give him until the end of the week. I agreed. As of 2 weeks later, he has not refunded my money even after repeated PM's, emails and a phone conversation on 3/1/2012 in which he agreed to return the money within 48 hours. He is now refusing to return the money.

To say the least, this is just flat out dishonest.

Before anyone says it's my fault for canceling, don't even go there. He verbally agreed on multiple occasions to return my money after he knew I was canceling. He broke his word, plain and simple.

Be sure you know who you are dealing with before you book a trip.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about my story.
Moose24
hunter

Re: Be Warned about Crazyduck Outfitters(Kris Travis)

Postby Snowgooseninja » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 pm

I have a laundry list of great guides I could refer you to the next time that you are looking for a guided snow goose hunt. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Are you still looking to go on a guided hunt this spring?
Snowgooseninja
hunter

Postby Honkers41 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:24 am

Man that guy's a shyister.....he should have known if he was any kinda guide and not have made you make the 6 hour drive up...believe me these guides know the movements of the birds and should have given you a call....when you said he said he'd call you if he found the birds....(((((are you frickening kidding me))))I'd make a complaint about his so called Guide service.. :hammer:
GUNS~UP~FEATHERS~DOWN~!
Love My Mossbergs!!
Honkers41
hunter

Postby pete/pmr » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:36 am

Not for me! I am wondering where this guy is guiding out of and weather he has to be certified thru the state to guide,if so I would send out a letter to the state board, explain your situation and see where that goes! They could respond by revocking his license ! Better business bureau in his area will also look into it for you if he is a licensed guide! Squeeze him! That is a sleezy dealing guide! Sorry to hear this!
2013 Season Totals

Canada Geese 105
Mallards 43
Woodies 31
Teal 16
widgeon 8
Blacks 11
Goldeneyes 25 "Take-em"
Buffleheads 4
Bluebills 1
snows 27
Band Count 5
pete/pmr
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Just on the principle of things, I would take him to small claims court in the town that he lives in or guides out of.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby Moose24 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:15 am

Looks like someone esle had a bad experience like me. This was just posted on ALDUCKS.com

I have also had a problem with Crazyduck Outfitters. Myself and two friends had a hunt booked for March 10 - 11. After I tried to call Mr. Travis mulitple times a little over a week from the hunt he finally returned my call 4 days prior to the hunt date to inform me that he had to cancel because the birds had left his area. At the time I thought that was a great honest thing for him to do and thanked him for doing so. At that time he also told me that he would call me at the beginning of the next week to make sure he had all of our email addresses right to refund us. Monday of that week would have been the 12th. I had not heard anything from him by the 14th and contacted him and provided him with our email addresses. Another week passed and we still did not have any refund. I again started trying to contact Mr. Travis and was unsuccessful. After several tries by myself and one of the other guys who was booked to go on the hunt he finally sent me a text message on the 22nd claiming that he had lost his phone and been out of town (this is the same reason he told me it took so long to get ahold of him the week before the hunt). I then responded that was fine as long as we had our money back by today. Well it is today now an we still have no refund. To "Reserve the date" we had to pay our deposit to Mr. Travis on January 16. So he has had our money for 3 monthes and it seems that a timely refund is too much to ask for. I have already tried to contact Mr. Travis today and got no answer.

Moose24
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum