Video of our January Snow Goose hunt.

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

Video of our January Snow Goose hunt.

Postby derbyacresbob » Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 am

http://youtu.be/pyNi1MSKWeM

We had a two boys with us, a ten year old and a 11 year old and they did a great job. My son used his GoPro cameras to get the video.
Foxpro Field Staff
derbyacresbob
hunter

Re: Video of our January Snow Goose hunt.

Postby 870 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Well I hope you feel good about yourself, spreading our addiction onto the next generation like that. LOL Way to go man, looks like a fun hunt; well they’re hooked for life LOL :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby dog walker » Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Nice hunt :thumbsup:

Thinking about getting one of those go pros myself.
dog walker
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:41 pm

Nice quick video. I just got a gopro myself, any chance you could get a picture of how your son has his gun mount set up?
SnoGeez
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:02 pm

SnoGeez wrote:Nice quick video. I just got a gopro myself, any chance you could get a picture of how your son has his gun mount set up?

X2 on that!!! I also have a go pro and would like to see how to mount it to my barrel like that. Thanks
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby derbyacresbob » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:05 pm

SnoGeez wrote:Nice quick video. I just got a gopro myself, any chance you could get a picture of how your son has his gun mount set up?

My son put a machine screw through the magazine cap on his shotgun and had the camera mounted to the screw using some of the mounting hardware he got from GoPro.

It took him a while to get the camera mounted solid so that it wouldn't move or shift from the recoil. It only worked a few times and then the camera actually shut off from the recoil. It didn't damage the camera it just shut off from the recoil.
Foxpro Field Staff
derbyacresbob
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum